Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
Larpy
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

thruster set-up

Postby Larpy » Mon May 09, 2005 8:45 am

Building a kite surfboard and want to know about the best way to set up a 3 fin set up. On a surfboard, the idea is to setup the thrusters in a V to send the water to the center fin and thus making it faster turning. However it does seem that it would not go up wind as well. any suggestions or ideas would be great. Size of fins also seems to be importat so any ideas would be helpful.

Rogue Wave
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
Style: None
Brand Affiliation: Rogue Wave Custom and Jimmy Lewis boards.
www.roguewaveboards.com
www.jimmylewis.ca

Postby Rogue Wave » Tue May 10, 2005 7:59 pm

Hey Larpy

I use parallel thrusters on my wave boards -- the FCS G-5 fins work well, but there are lots others that will do the job too.

You don't want to toe them in because it will slow you down, although if you're JUST surfing the board as opposed to using it for light winds, you probably would toe them in a bit (not to the nose, but maybe a foot or two ahead of the nose).

I cant them outward 5 degrees from vertical.

You can sort of see what I mean if you go to our website, bottom of the kiteboard page where is says "more kiteboard pics", then look for the pics from Barbados of "Matt's #5 board". Sorry I don't have a better pic to show you.

Have fun!

Lee

http://www.roguewaveboards.com

Larpy
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Larpy » Wed May 11, 2005 7:10 am

I'm using future fins, I’ll see how it turns out thanks for the info. By the way it is a pure wave board not a light wind board (well that’s not it’s intended use anyways)

Return to “Gear Builders”