well, i finished my board yesterday, and today my LF interface kit came in the mail...it's been a good day. anyway, the board is 3 plys of 3mm baltic birch with a layer of 9oz glass on the bottom. we vacuumed the wood together to ensure it was properly adhered and the glass was just wetted out and let cure after the inserts were installed, no vacuum used. the t-nuts (inserts) were counter sunk so there would be no bumps in the glass, and then used little pieces of electrical tape to cover the open holes so no resin would get in. after the glass cured we put 3 coats of varnish on the deck and i spray painted the bottom. fin holes were drilled out and fins installed. the fins are home made using a piece of chopping block cut to size with a band saw and then foiled with a belt sander, and mounted with screws of the proper length. we even got motivated enough to make our own foot plates, straps and pads. i had them mounted but once my interface kit came i took them off and found out that the board is 2.5lbs lighter without them. the final wight of the board with fins and the interface kit installed is 11lbs, without handle. no concave, 3 or so cm of rocker in the tips and a straight, solid flex. the final dimensions turned out to be 128x40, although the desired length was 130.
all comments to 'we' are refering to my father and i, props to him for letting me use his power tools and helping me through everything.
hope you enjoy,