Awesome Epoxy Resin

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
Kite_grom
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Awesome Epoxy Resin

Postby Kite_grom » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:44 pm

I am currently working on a kite wave board and I decided to go the epoxy and s-glass route. I went with the Resin Research Epoxy from http://www.fiberglasssupply.com and I have to say it is awesome. I went with this resin because it was reasonably priced and it was made for glassing surfboards. It comes with 2 parts resin, 1 part hardener and I also bought a bottle of Additive F. Additive F is the epoxy equivalent of wax in polyester resin. I would highly recommend this resin if you are thinking about using epoxy. :thumb:

Halomon
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Halomon » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:57 pm

HOWZIT KITEGROM..... Epoxy resin is the way to go for less fumes and more work time during lamination. I JUST finished a foam fiberglass twintip today. Spraying the color on the board was the last thing I did one hour ago. I used automotive paint cause it hides all the flaws and it is tuff as hell; but way toxic. I too started using epoxy after years of polyester fumes and I find working with the 2-1 was great. I am currently riding a foam-epoxy twintip board I finished a couple of months ago. Double concave bottom, really light, and it goes pretty nice. When I get a digital camera and I figure out the transfer I will post some pictures of my boards. Good luck with yours!!!

Return to “Gear Builders”