here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:19 pm
just curious for kiteboard building info... what density of divinycell is best? what weights of fibre/carbon fibre cloths are best for the glassing stages? is there an inexpensive way of making an effective vac/rocker table? can I find plans for such a thing? any info muchly appreciated...
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 2004
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
- Kiting since: 2001
- Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
- Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 135
Moses Fluente 548/550/590/330/325
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Core XR3 12m
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: Sweden
I use 245g/m2 carbon and 3 layers 165g/m2 glass each side.
simple no concave rocker- use a sheet of Polycarbonate plastic 5mm and screw in down to wood stringers with the right rocker cut into them. I actually screww the stringers to a table and use spacers under th stringers to make the rocker.
- 18mm concave over 34cm width. Table is 60cm wide, 4mm MDF with glass expoxy layer.
- rockertable.jpg (21.9 KiB) Viewed 2310 times
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:12 pm
You can also do this with a rocker.
Return to “Board Builders”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests