Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
Halomon
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Some new foam/fiberglass boards

Postby Halomon » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:44 am

These three boards are my latest foam/fiberglass/epoxy/carbonfiber creations. The twins are 55 and 53" respectivly and are double concave; they both ride smooth and clean. The surfboard I have yet to use; it is a Greenough style hull bottom with super flexy single fin. I will strap it after it gets ridden and get back on the performance. Til then be well and build em clean !!!
Attachments
IM000865.JPG
Three new members cruisin in my shop
IM000865.JPG (105.64 KiB) Viewed 2801 times

rocketpants
Rare Poster

board accesories...

Postby rocketpants » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:09 am

yo, man.... what r you using for the grip on top of your longboard, and what r you using for foot beds? i cant find supplies of the 'astro deck' type grippy stuff..... please advise.... over..

Halomon
Frequent Poster

Postby Halomon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:45 pm

Hi rocketpants; sorry for taking so long to answer your question about the decking. Well, I found it at a local surfshop and it's sort of like a soft,knobby traction pad. I glued it on with contact cement. The black and yellow board has Airush stick-on pads and the yellow board has my favorite, adjustable plates that you can costom fit to your foot angle. They are ancient NSI models and I've used them on countless boards. I highly recommend this kind of setup for home builders cause you can pull em off old boards and pop em on new ones. I seem to always be working on something new and it's nice to know I can count on some some functioning pads that are adjustable. As far as the sheet decking pad goes, you gotta look for it at shops that deal in windsurfer and stand-up paddle boards. Those guys use it the most. Hope you can use some of this info.

Kyle_F
Frequent Poster
Style: All-around
Gear: Airush
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby Kyle_F » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:51 pm

Right on Halomon!

Lookin better each time !

See ya on the water :)

Aloha,

Kyle

http://www.AirushKiteboarding.com

Rocketpants: http://store.airushkiteboarding.com/ind ... 184&c_id=5

Halomon
Frequent Poster

Postby Halomon » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:03 am

Thanx Kyle, always trying to improve the ride. Some work out ,some don't; but creating something from scratch is what keeps me coming back for more! See ya!!

Return to “Gear Builders”