Footstrap insert placement???

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
dt
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Footstrap insert placement???

Postby dt » Sat May 26, 2007 8:05 pm

I am making a new board and am wondering where to put the inserts for this twin tip. It is my understanding the straps should be at a 15 degree angle to the centerline. My pads have plates with holes that are 15 cm apart. By my calculations, one of the holes should be about 1cm above the boards centerline and the other should be 1cm below the center. That would put half of the strap 7.5 degrees above the centerline and the other strap 7.5 degrees below the center line. Is this correct or should one side be 15 degrees above the center line and the side be 15 degrees below the center line?

Doug

XSwind
Medium Poster

Re: Footstrap insert placement???

Postby XSwind » Sun May 27, 2007 10:16 am

dt wrote:I am making a new board and am wondering where to put the inserts for this twin tip. It is my understanding the straps should be at a 15 degree angle to the centerline. My pads have plates with holes that are 15 cm apart. By my calculations, one of the holes should be about 1cm above the boards centerline and the other should be 1cm below the center. That would put half of the strap 7.5 degrees above the centerline and the other strap 7.5 degrees below the center line. Is this correct or should one side be 15 degrees above the center line and the side be 15 degrees below the center line?

Doug
What ever feels right for you would be my suggestion. if you are really worried go and look at some production borads and how they position them.

Personally I do not tend to duck my actual straps.
I do this because once in the straps I duck my feet, this sort of locks my feet in position.

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Sun May 27, 2007 12:42 pm

I think that no matter what size your board you feet should be centred over the centreline of the board. So your 1cm either side of the centreline is not bad. I would personally go 2 cm either side of the centreline. You can adapt with the adjustment in the pad and strap attachment holes.

I just got a new board made and they put the front mounting holes right on the centreline. There is just enough adjustment in the straps and pads to get my feet over the centreline.

dt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby dt » Sun May 27, 2007 4:07 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

I checked out a Best production board on line and it looked like the outside inserts were 2cm heelside of the centerline and the inside inserts were 2cm toeside of the centerline. Since I am using Best straps and pads, I went with that.

dt

Return to “Gear Builders”