Page 1 of 1

So who is the board builder for me

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:54 pm
by AIR-TASTIC
I want custom graphics - finish must be a priority
a fab upwind board - for an intermediate
good for jumps, but not at the expense of anything else
96Kgs
as light as possible
Award winning in terms of pro-rider, a good thing but not a "must"
WHO
HOW MUCH

Re: So who is the board builder for me

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:21 pm
by decay
Do you kiteloop/land hard/have broken boards before?

What is your kite quiver?

What board are you currently riding?

Will you supply your own graphics (AI, EPS, PDF etc) or do you want it designed for you?

Cheers

Dave Kay
www.decaykiteboards.co.nz

Re: So who is the board builder for me

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:39 pm
by AIR-TASTIC
decay wrote:Do you kiteloop/land hard/have broken boards before?

What is your kite quiver?

What board are you currently riding?

Will you supply your own graphics (AI, EPS, PDF etc) or do you want it designed for you?

Cheers

Dave Kay
www.decaykiteboards.co.nz
I haven't broken a board to date
I use a North Defender board right now
I will provide my own graphics but they MUST look part of the board, not glued on or resined in
I do some loops in lower breezes
I use Rhino 05s but will change to Rebel 10s soon

Re: So who is the board builder for me

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:18 am
by decay
AIR-TASTIC wrote: I haven't broken a board to date
I do some loops in lower breezes
Cool - shouldn't need to bump the laminate up more than our standard
AIR-TASTIC wrote: I use a North Defender board right now
Is that the 150?
AIR-TASTIC wrote: I will provide my own graphics but they MUST look part of the board, not glued on or resined in
Well our graphic process is a digital print onto fabric which is laminated into the board as part of the reinforcement. It is about as part of the board as it is possible to get. We do have some technical limits with the process, but we can discuss those in more detail. Our graphics are always a little bit opaque so it is possible to see the wood core thru the graphic. We can provide an outline mask for AI or Corel Draw so you can get the graphic to look right on the final board.
AIR-TASTIC wrote: I use Rhino 05s but will change to Rebel 10s soon
Rebels are good low end power style of kites, I think I would recommend you onto our Falcata Performance TT, in a 139x41. Depending on the graphic process these run USD$725 to USD$875 (based on todays NZD to USD exchange rate) complete, delivered to you door via Courier. Leadtime is approx 10-14days + freight time.

Cheers

Dave Kay

Re: So who is the board builder for me

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:30 am
by AIR-TASTIC
decay wrote:
AIR-TASTIC wrote: I haven't broken a board to date
I do some loops in lower breezes
Cool - shouldn't need to bump the laminate up more than our standard
AIR-TASTIC wrote: I use a North Defender board right now
Is that the 150?
AIR-TASTIC wrote: I will provide my own graphics but they MUST look part of the board, not glued on or resined in
sounds like progress. I understand too, what you are saying about the graphics quality

how is this board in terms of speed and upwind performance, compared tp production boards such as the J&N Chit-Chat??

Well our graphic process is a digital print onto fabric which is laminated into the board as part of the reinforcement. It is about as part of the board as it is possible to get. We do have some technical limits with the process, but we can discuss those in more detail. Our graphics are always a little bit opaque so it is possible to see the wood core thru the graphic. We can provide an outline mask for AI or Corel Draw so you can get the graphic to look right on the final board.
AIR-TASTIC wrote: I use Rhino 05s but will change to Rebel 10s soon
Rebels are good low end power style of kites, I think I would recommend you onto our Falcata Performance TT, in a 139x41. Depending on the graphic process these run USD$725 to USD$875 (based on todays NZD to USD exchange rate) complete, delivered to you door via Courier. Leadtime is approx 10-14days + freight time.

Cheers

Dave Kay

Re: So who is the board builder for me

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:25 pm
by decay
how is this board in terms of speed and upwind performance, compared tp production boards such as the J&N Chit-Chat??
I've never even seen a J&N board so can't compare to it I'm sorry, but the Falcata is the most high performance board in our range, designed for freestyle but still easy to use in freeride conditions. It does rock upwind and is fast across the water, but these aren't the primary aims of the design. It pops well, has a low sign weight and lands very smooth.

Cheers

DK