All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: what a "venturi hull" is?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:09 pm 
Rare Poster

hello i have some newbie qs

what a "venturi hull" is?

a composite core is a divinycell core?

my board have some deep scratces on the bottom?can i use a surfboard compound and a policher machine?

where can i buy a table rocker?

at last what a top finish matte is?

thanx

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: what a "venturi hull" is?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:27 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
hello i have some newbie qs

Quote:
what a "venturi hull" is?
could mean many things depending on who says it; venturi effect is a hydrodynamic effect that applies more to flow in a pipe than under a board, basically it means to put a given amount of water through a funnel, the flow velocity at the narrow tip end > flow velocity at the wide mouth end. Usually applied to boards, people mean the board has a concave or channels that approximate this effect, but concaves and channels don't really work that way, they work because of other effects.....

Quote:
a composite core is a divinycell core?
composite means made of more than one material, the opposite meaning of monolithic. Yes, Divinycell is commonly used as a core in composite boards.

Quote:
my board have some deep scratces on the bottom?can i use a surfboard compound and a policher machine?
only if they are shallow, not deep. Shallow = only scratching resin hot coat or varnish/paint. Deep = through outer coating into glass layers. Also, if it has a snowboard type plastic sheet bottom, no, surfboard polishing probably won't fix that.
Quote:
where can i buy a table rocker?
from a guy that has one. most people make their own, according to the design of the board they are going to build!

Quote:
at last what a top finish matte is?
Not sure what you mean, "matte" is a word in english to describe a finish that is not shiny (same meaning as a "Flat" finish, opposite of "gloss").

Quote:
thanx
you are welcome. good luck!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:41 pm 
Rare Poster

thank u very much BWD for the instant info

from what u explain ,the words venturi hull r written on my board,so i think they mean the concave because is single to double concave.

my board has a snowboard type plastic sheet bottom but its not ptex,its a 08 mauricio abreu lf board.what can i do for the scratces something like finesse it II from 3m marine?

yeah matte is the top of my board,its white ,how can i build a matte top?gloss finish is the bottom

at last what fabric can i use for graphics

thanx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:49 pm 
Rare Poster

pbt sheets

[ 4 posts ]