Hooo, hooo, hooo
I was good this year and finally got a board for myself
Used Carbon 8x8mm squares which is difficult to work with, again Zebra leftovers, bamboo as a core, and Carbon Uni on top + FG.
It is a bigger board 138x40.5 but light 2440 grams before accessories:)
Here we go:
- blank core 10 days ago
- I cut it all around, leave some excess and route the rails
- decide about the rails color (most difficult, heh:)
- vacuum the rails to eliminate all voids between the rail and wood.
Sand the rails excess.
- drill the fins inserts, footpads holes, and glass the top.
Here a top is finished, bottom getting ready, carbon on the left.
- finally, cut the excess and sand the rails. This is a belt sander.
This is not for faint hearted
if you look closely I've forgotten to drill the fins *before* doing the bottom
I have no idea where the fins inserts are now:) Thank to Santa, he delivered a board drawing as well
That is not all
I was good boy this year and got more down the chimney!
Have a look what's curing in the background near my old Kevlar helmet:
This one is just Carbon, even lighter and stronger than before!
Hoo hoo hoo
Marry Christmas everyone and all the best