Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North Gambler track system. How to repair?

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
wickedwim
Rare Poster
Gear: Ozone, north
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North Gambler track system. How to repair?

Postby wickedwim » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:05 am

Aloha,

My buddy not only ripped his hamstrings to shreds but also Ripped out one boot of his track system. The inserts came through clean out of the rail. Warranty expired two years ago.

My buddy is all in tears to get his board fixed by the time he heals up,

I guess option 1 is fyberglass and epoxy, and moving his stance a little bit, but not sure it will hold his extreme kiteloop landings, or

Option 2 is drilling a hole, epoxy the edges so the woodcore doesnt suck up water, and make a 'cogua board' connection,

Any other ideas, remarks?

Cheers

Wim
Attachments
kite_tabla_cogua_colombiana_2011_nueva_sin_uso_2.png
kite_tabla_cogua_colombiana_2011_nueva_sin_uso_2.png (231.1 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
IMG_20170308_194942.jpg

slim_charles
Frequent Poster
Gear: The best

Re: North Gambler track system. How to repair?

Postby slim_charles » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:35 am

Track system is rubbish. Start a fresh, rip the lot out and epoxy some new inserts in. If you do it properly it'll be stronger than it was before with the track system. Just make sure you get your stance right cos you won't have any adjustment. Key is too make sure you clear out all the old crap before putting in the new.

lesgreen85
Rare Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: North Evo's, click bar, North Gambler with LF Tao Boots
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby lesgreen85 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:45 am

I bought a brand new Gambler 4 months ago. Love the feel and ride of the board, but bitterly disappointed with the tracks system strength, design & materials.
I ripped both brass nut inserts through the top of the board on my right boot. Manufacturer wouldn't replace it under warranty :-(
So, i decided to fix it myself. Took the top laminate off around the tracks (was easier than it should've been), epoxy'd the brass nuts in the tracks permanently for my stance and 3ply fiberglassed over the top of it all. It's all permanent now and strong as hell!!

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Tue May 02, 2017 5:28 am

slim_charles wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:35 am
Track system is rubbish. Start a fresh, rip the lot out and epoxy some new inserts in. If you do it properly it'll be stronger than it was before with the track system. Just make sure you get your stance right cos you won't have any adjustment. Key is too make sure you clear out all the old crap before putting in the new.
I would do this but dont use epoxy it is too brittle by it's self. If you use epoxy you need to mix in a filler like fiberglass strands to keep it from crumbling from impacts. I use poly urethane for my inserts.

But yes tracks are not worth it. I pulled out 4 or 5 when slingshot was using them. Only they would warranty the boards when they failed.

Return to “Gear Builders”