Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

ARC 6.3/8.4 - Blade 3.3/4.9 wind range

forum for kitesurfers

ARC 6.3/8.4 - Blade 3.3/4.9 wind range

Postby Guest » Fri May 09, 2003 5:47 pm

Hi there everyone,
anybody out there can give opinions on wind range for both an ARC 6.3 and an 8.4, and, a Blade 3.3 and 4.9 for my weight? 63kg/137lb?
Also, if you can mention board size used in your info that'll be great.

I'm trying to see if any of these can hold me on a 180 (6ft) board on a +9 knots wind.

Thanks to all

Dingoman

Dingoman
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dingoman » Fri May 09, 2003 8:26 pm

moreover, overall impressions on the Blade?
Check out this link:
http://k48.com/bladeinflatable.htm

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V4, 9/14 Enduro, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M Axis 5'7" Kapua, 5'4" New Wave, Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sat May 10, 2003 3:14 am

[quote="Dingoman"]moreover, overall impressions on the Blade?
Check out this link:
http://k48.com/bladeinflatable.htm[/quote]

I think what this person is saying on that website Dingoman if pretty spot on if you take into consideration he is in love with Blades! :-)

The sizes of kite you mention are a bit small, the 4.9 would be most peoples smallest blade, a better quiver for you would be the 4.9 and 6.4

I do not want to comment on the wind range of the arc kites, as so much depends on the skill of the rider in tuning their arc, and how good they are at edging as most of the depower you get from an arc comes from edging hard and forcing the kite to the edge.
Inflatables do this better, but if you get used to arcs, and are prepared to learn how to get the most from them, then you will be just as happy with them.
Biggest hassle for begginers is not having the kite skills to fly the blades without crashing them, with an arc or inflato most times you will be able to re-launch, provided you have practised that first!
Get back to me direct if you want detailed info on Blades, or prices.

kiteboarder@pacbell.net
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: ARC 6.3/8.4 - Blade 3.3/4.9 wind range

Postby kiteboarder@pacbell.net » Wed May 14, 2003 7:48 am

"Dingoman" wrote:
...wind range for both an ARC 6.3 and an 8.4...for my weight? 63kg/137lb?
I'm trying to see if any of these can hold me on a 180 (6ft) board on a +9 knots wind.
I'm even lighter than you (about 60kg) & my absolute low end with my 840 on a big board like that is about 10 knots*. If you get wind that light very often you'd be much better off with an 1120 or even a 1510.

* Max is around 25

ARCs have roughly the same wind range as inflatable of the same flat area. Tuning requires shortening the center strap until the kite won't quite stall when you pull the bar all the way in while riding. They depower roughly the same amount as inflatables of the same year, in the same manner (by sheeting out).

Return to “Kitesurfing”