Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

hOW MANY USERS OF UDS OF MASTAIR

forum for kitesurfers

WINDMANU
Rare Poster

hOW MANY USERS OF UDS OF MASTAIR

Postby WINDMANU » Sat May 17, 2003 10:23 am

hello all

I am still waiting for my UDS system and I want to know what is fou you the best improuvment of the UDS system on the Mastair.

And if you have some tips for the standard bar adjusment and UDS setting you are welcome :lol: :lol:

KiteGlider
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KiteGlider » Sat May 17, 2003 12:36 pm

Hi Windmanu -

Been flying the Mastair 16 with UDS-3 since March.

The depower and turning is vastly improved. Amazing to fly the MA16 monster like a big stunt kite doing inplace spin turns. On the water, depowered turns are much faster, and the improved control helps very much when surfing.

Still experimenting with adjustments. Going to adjust for more AOA before the brakes come in next.

Haven't had the conditions for high jumps, but I like ramping off small waves and pulling the bar for lift. Gives you long glides.

Less problem with luffs too.

WINDMANU
Rare Poster

Postby WINDMANU » Sat May 17, 2003 1:53 pm

Hi KiteGlider

thank you for your answer

Do you reach zero force when you used max depower on Zenith on strong wind. Because it was my problem with the mastair

regards

windmanu

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sat May 17, 2003 8:02 pm

Thisl
Medium Poster

Postby Thisl » Sat May 17, 2003 8:30 pm

Havent yet got my UDS-MA16, but zero force is impossible with any kite if it is still flying stable.
Expect little force,for shure less than before, but never zero.
Have fun,
Thisl

KiteGlider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KiteGlider » Sun May 18, 2003 6:00 am

WINDMANU wrote: Do you reach zero force when you used max depower on Zenith on strong wind. Because it was my problem with the mastair
windmanu
Realtime update today! winds 20-25mph sand stinging the legs, I launched the MA16! At zenntith was actually comfortable, low on the edge was "on the edge" so got Cody to grab the wing tip and recover.
Then borrowed Cody's 2001 FreeAir 11.5 and I was lit up fine!

The UDS allows you to set trim position, (flat) or to even negative flaps
I'm still working on playing with adjustments. This is our first "high wind" week for the summer.

Forecast 10-20mph tomorrow.

Fun Day,
KG

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sun May 18, 2003 7:55 am

KG you were on land right? Don't fly the kite at zenith in strong wind, that was a ton of wind for that kite and flying her at zenith in that is asking to be lofted imo. Even though I think foils are less prone to this than inflatos, especially if you can really depower them, I still think it's asking for trouble.
Did you trim her down on the fronts or leave max power trim?

KiteGlider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KiteGlider » Sun May 18, 2003 5:39 pm

Yah, it was a bit dodgy. I had to move the kite through zennith to the other side for my friend to catch it. I was ready on the QR though.

All I did was push the bar to the stop for depower. The last 3 inches actually makes a difference.

I could have walked to the board and surfed, but not as much fun when pushing the limit with a big 183TT. Next time I'll take up an offer to demo a F One 142 in these conditions.

Any way, the main point is that with the original FS rigging I really doubt I could have gotten away with launching and safely recovering in the 15-20+mph winds. The UDS enhances survival IMHO.

Do you just shorten the fronts with lower knots on the bar flight lines?
thanks - KG

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Sun May 18, 2003 6:56 pm

I have a knot 10cm down the front leaders for when it's nukin and another 5cm down the brake leaders for an intermediate setting. Trimmed down she turns slower too which is a good thing in strong stuff

Return to “Kitesurfing”