Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha 2004 kites

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cabrinha 2004 kites

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:04 am

Who's got a lead? Any info on next years cabrinha kites?I hear they're about to be released soon...so someone must be able to leak some good oil...... :cool2:

kite boardertje
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kite boardertje » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:58 pm

seems the new kites are on cabarete now anybody more info?

Adolfo
Medium Poster

Postby Adolfo » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:12 pm

2 days ago I met with a guy who tested them in Miami last week.
He told me the following:
1) The main difference with 2003 model is a completely new leash less system. It seems to work more or less like this: In an emergency you release something that lets go about 2 mts of both front lines. Both back lines are connected by some kind of rope that goes through the trailing edge of the kite. When the front lines are released, the back lines ‘crush’ the kite and it just falls from the sky as a stone. So no more shackle or leash.
2) There are more reinforcements in the ends of the strunts and at the ends of the front blade.
3) The strunts have a stronger dacron in the ends, but the weight of the kite is on par with last year’s.
4) Turning speed and handling are almost the same as on 2003.
5) The hose of the pump can be somehow ‘screwed’ to the kite for easier inflation.

Conclusions: more security, more durability, easier inflation, almost same performance.

Repeat: all the above is second hand information. I did not try the kites myself.

stuntc
Medium Poster

Postby stuntc » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:42 pm

How does the kite depower by releasing the front lines? Wouldnt that make the kite still powered but uncontrolable? :?:

stuntc
Medium Poster

Postby stuntc » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:45 pm

Does anyone have any pics from the DR ont the Cab 2004 kites, I heard the entire team has them down there.... :?:

Adolfo
Medium Poster

Postby Adolfo » Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:17 pm

It’s very difficult to explain. It is a completely new design. It has nothing to do with what we are used to.
As far as I understand, it’s not de release of the two meters of the front lines that causes the depower, but the ‘crushing’ of the kite by the back lines. There are some lines that go trough the kite that force the kite to collapse when the front lines are released.
Somehow it seems that the new feature helps to water relaunch the kite too.

gomogli
Medium Poster

Postby gomogli » Tue Jun 24, 2003 7:50 pm

Afriend of mine, who is in cabarete right now told me that he saw Andre pulling on one of his leaderlines, and the kite almost launched instantly. If this is true i cant wait riding one of this things.....

RarePoster
Rare Poster

Postby RarePoster » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:52 pm

Looks like this system is not only a relaunch system (previous post) but also some sort of safety system...kite "killed" by collapsing the trailing edge? A friend sent me a few pics...

wakeboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby wakeboy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:16 pm

looks like a flysurfer to me..... that ones been done.... :o

stuntc
Medium Poster

Postby stuntc » Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:16 am

With the exception that flysurfer is a foil and this appears to be a regular inflatable. I cant really tell by the pics, but are there any additional bridles, it looks clean though! :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”