Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot 141 + Amp 11.9 "Killer Combo" !

forum for kitesurfers

trouty
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: South Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cornwall
Gear: Ion2 8.5 / 10.5 / Amp s 9/12/16 North Rhinos 10/12/16
Brand Affiliation: None

Slingshot 141 + Amp 11.9 "Killer Combo" !

Postby trouty » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:04 pm

Just gotta tell you dudes new Slingshot SX141 and me Amp 11.9 late monday afternoon ... "Whooaa there leslie" ...... Littlehampton and 16 knots ... what a session. This board rips, .... have just changed from Jarvis 157 (excellent board) to this little baby and i must admit had a few reservations ? !! This board inspires so much confidence, its so light and you can spin it on a dime. I,ve never ridden toe-side so much and popped so many 180,s in one session. "This board just begs to be popped n' slashed all over the place" !!! Its got a very wakey/skatey feel to it but is butter smooth, the only problem i had was burying the nose a little in the 1st 20 mins i guess just getting used to the shorter length ? jump wise pop is mad and reckon me is gonna scare meself stupid for sure !!

When we started wind was good 16-17 knots but eventually died to betweeb 8-12 knots by the end of the evening. But heres a scenario ......... i have always found me 157 to be good for light wind lets say 10-12 knots n' im now 12 stone 7 lbs. After 3 and half hours on the water with the wind dropping me mates on a borrowed 157 and 11.8 Airblast on 30m lines struggling for power with the water flattening off and i'm absolutely ripping past him on the 141 like he was standing still ..!!!! I was the last one off the water with the wind measured on the beach at 8-12 knots max ... absolutley flying !

What a board !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can flatten this baby off and @ 40cm wide it goes like stink but still has the ability im sure to hold more wind than ive ever held. ive yet to find its max but i'll keep you posted !! Confidence wise i think this board will take me to the next level and seems to be the perfect combo with the Amp.

Id recommend this board if you get chance try one !!! :D

I won,t be using the 157 now so that will be going up 4 sale when i gets back off me hols ....

"Aint buzzed like that 4 a while ... had to get it off me chest"

cheers dudes :bye:

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:43 pm

I(70kg) have the SX141+AMP11.9 too for lightwind.

Indeed :thumb: combo

trouty
Medium Poster
Local Beach: South Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cornwall
Gear: Ion2 8.5 / 10.5 / Amp s 9/12/16 North Rhinos 10/12/16

Postby trouty » Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:03 pm

Sake "You know that" !!! :thumb:
My mate tried my kite and board and was ..... "Blown away" !
Quote: "My 11.8 feels like a dinosaur compared with that thing" ... "Took me a while to get my head around the speed of it" ...
Hehe .....

:D

ps: Any worries i had about my Amp being faulty on previous threads due to the smaller circumference leading edge (22") has gone completely with use.

This is a great kite .. "Blown away" :thumb:

trouty

Return to “Kitesurfing”