Forum for kitesurfers
Andre_poweredby_north
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What this on the North 2004 bar?

Postby Andre_poweredby_north » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:04 am

Saw this on the site with new North material. Would this be some sort of power lock system? Wonder if it works... Seems to me that this construction costs depower range on the bar because of the big loop and hook. Maybe the new rhino's do not need so much range on the bar? Very very curious!

Btw: the new kites and boards and other materials again look very appealing to me!! Can't wait to see them in real life or even try them. I'm telling myself now to be very happy with my R2 quiver (8-12-16) and boards (robo and jaime) for a little longer, but I can't help thinking to own those new babies... nice! Especially the green/blue/white one. Very nice!

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:24 am

mmm. and what happens when your shackle starts to rotate so you cant click into it. at least the cabrinha system is omnidirectional

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Hernan » Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:04 pm

This "thing" looks very familiar to me. I have been using this type of hook for a year.
It has two functions:

1- Move the hook from the harness (fixed position) to the depower rope. This way you are hooked/shackled only once. You just have to release your QR to get free of the bar. No need for unhooking the fixed loop.

2- In my own system I have a bungie loop instead the North little fixed loop. The depower rope ends at the ring with the "chicken hook" welded.
I connect the ring to a pin&tube symetrical QR plus a wichard for swivelling and all in one move release. When hooked in the bungie loop you could spin and unspin the bar with a leash without any problem as the bungie conection force the depower rope-front lines unit to rotate in parallel with the bar in real time.
Some old pics:

Return to “Kitesurfing”