Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Going to Be in Naxos - 25th Aug - sept 1.

Forum for kitesurfers
EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Going to Be in Naxos - 25th Aug - sept 1.

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:25 pm

:o Any one coming that way or will already be there ? :o

Any of the old Greek gang want to make an old conversation a reality ?

Kpipis, Gpet, Illy and the others ? Vangelis Wolfgang - who ever!

Wolfgang
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Germany, flying GK Sonic 11+8, riding F-One Sk8 35 / Trax 39, Spleene Door 42

Postby Wolfgang » Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:25 pm

Sure I'll be there again this summer, from Aug 15 to Sept 1 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

We will meet in Mikri Vigla then, I suppose!!!

Sushi
Rare Poster

Postby Sushi » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:52 pm

I'll be at Paros and Naxos from the 10th to the 20th of August. I can't wait to be there, the wind in the North of France has been nonexistent these last weeks.

Wolfgang
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Germany, flying GK Sonic 11+8, riding F-One Sk8 35 / Trax 39, Spleene Door 42

Postby Wolfgang » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:45 am

As you probably know, on Naxos the place to go in normal Meltemi conditions is Mikri Vigla (keep to the right end of the beach for best launching area). In severe high wind conditions at Vigla, you will find more acceptable conditions at Agios Georgos beach directly at Flisvos Windsurfing Center. It's not that easy to launch there and one has to be careful when crossing the shallow riff and to keep to the right for not getting close to the airport but when done that you will be rewarded by excellent waves out there...

In any case avoid the lagoon area near the airport (somewhat left from Flisvos Windsurfing Center)! Serious trouble with local authorities can be expected when kiting there as the planes have to cross the lagoon in low altitude for landing or take off... (While doing a nice jump you could catch one;-)

See you then, folks, for recognition, my GXRs are both yellow (with a bit of orange)...

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:11 am

Hey Wolfgang! We will finally meet - Fantastic. I look forward to it.

Some advice please.

I spoke with a surf center they say Glyfada is the only place to kite, is this not true ?

Because of this I thought to stay in rooms at Glyfada, so what is your recomendation ?

mikra vigla or Glyfada or where ?

I spoke with Illy also, she will try to come, and also kpipis may arrive!

Thanks.

Ron.

Sushi - I'm soory, I will only arrive on the 23rd / 24th so i may miss you, but wolfgang might be there.

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:09 pm

from naxos-surf club -

Dear Ron

In Naxos town area, Laguna and Agios Georgios beach, kitsurfing is
prohibited as the close distance to the airport.

Conditions are very good in that season.
You can kitesurf at the south west side of Naxos, southern from Mikri Vigla
you will find Glyfada and Kastraki and other beaches that offer good
conditions for kitesurfing, north wind there is sideshore from the right and
sea conditions is flat at close to the shore and choppy as you moving
offshore.

Regards

:o

Wolfgang
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wolfgang » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:30 pm

Well, Glyfada/Kastraki are just a little bit south of Mikri Vigla, the wind there is slightly side-offshore and a bit more gusty, probably because of an upwind hill. There isn't much infrastructure, many mobile homers. There is more space at the beach, but when you enter the water in the first 10-20m there are slippery rocks (with some holes to have your feet stuck in;-) - certainly not a beginner's paradise... When the wind, untypically but we had it a couple of times last August, comes from the South or South East there are excellent waves...

The wind in Vigla is side-onshore and a bit more stable, infrastructure is quite good (accommendation, supermarket, restaurants). Space at the beach is limited, the water gets deep quickly after a few meters which is OK for advanced kiters - by no means a beginner's place... We had no problem kiting there last summer and I don't see why this should be different this year...

Wolfgang
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wolfgang » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:45 pm

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY wrote:from naxos-surf club...
What you asked that's a surf club where they think surfing is just windsurfing... ;-)

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:50 pm

thanks Wolfgang.

But i did tel them it was kitesurfin.

Anyway, the best thing about a kite trip is to unwrap the parcel when you get there.

I was in Sinai last month and we arrived by night, when the sun rose, our hearts all stopped for one second at the same time.

Amazing.

Wolf, where is good to stay ? Sissy likes quiet places you know, but wit tavernas but not a city or anything, but still in reach of the kite action!

Can you recommend ?

Wolfgang
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wolfgang » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:38 pm

Will you have a car?

If yes, which is recommendable anyway, you can stay near Naxos town, e.g. Agios Prokopios, I could give you some more contact info...

If not, Mikri Vigla is the best choice...

Return to “Kitesurfing”