Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Stubbie 115 AeroII 16m2?

forum for kitesurfers

DLF
Rare Poster

Stubbie 115 AeroII 16m2?

Postby DLF » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:30 pm

hello im a complete beginner and i have been on a 2 day kiteboard training curse and i loved it and now i want to buy one :D

im 1 meter and 77 centimetre long and my weight is 80kg
and im wondering is Naish Stubbie 115 / AeroII 16m2 a good board/kite to start with?

sorry for my english but i think you will understand the most :wink:

Heine
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Heine » Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:41 pm

Hi DLF

The kite will be ok for learning if you sail in light to moderate winds, otherwise it will be a big. It's much more powerfull than a 9 meter school kite.
The board is way too small to start with, and even if you were experienced the small stubbe should be considered as a 2nd board that you will use in strong winds. The stubbie is a great board for stronger winds, but it's not build for learning. Choose the Stubbie 127 instead. It will be a great combo with the Aero2 16.

My size and weight is the same as yours, and I own a Stubbie 115. I use the stubbie when my SS SX141 gets too big and at the top end with my 16 meter kite, but mostly with my 12 meter kite.

Go for the big stubbie instead. The small version will only bring you frustration as a beginner.

Br

Heine

Foxyfly
Frequent Poster

Postby Foxyfly » Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:07 pm

I agree with the kite size, but forget the stubbie, wake skate with straps on anyone ? :o

Return to “Kitesurfing”