Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

new products with very cheap prices......

forum for kitesurfers

new products with very cheap prices......

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:11 pm

Hi all
Does anybody know this site http://www.mikeberserk.com
Did someone order from him something, is it trustworthy ?

Need an answer A.S.A.P

Thanks

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo, Mexico. Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico.
Boca del Rio, Veracruz, Mexico.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Kites:

8m Ozone Reo V3
10m Ozone C4 2015
14m Ozone Enduro V1
15m Ozone Chrono V2
17m Ozone Zephyr V5

Boards:

ASP Stealth Custom Kiteboard 135cm 2013 Black
Fone HRD Lite Tech 137x42cm 2017
Core Fusion 2 139x43 2017
Axis Ultra 2015 144x45cm
Underground Kipuna 5'8" Surfboard
Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surfboard
Alpine Foil Access V1 Foil and board
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone, Slingshot, North, Naish, Core, Crazy Fly, Axis, Mystic, Pro-Limit Ion & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:20 pm

doesn´t look trust worthy, the website build is shit, i wouldn´t doo it, i already had a very bad experience with a very shitty south african foil (not wallend air) and threw my money to the garbage. Don´t do it, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is...

theflyingtinman
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby theflyingtinman » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:38 am

Andres_Santacruz wrote:doesn´t look trust worthy, the website build is shit, i wouldn´t doo it, ...
Not saying it is or isn't trustworthy but don't go by the website ..
MonkeyAir.com didn't look much better when I started buying
kites three years ago and I got some of the best customer
service I've ever had on the Internet from Traig Trumbo.
i already had a very bad experience with a very shitty south
african foil (not wallend air) and threw my money to the garbage.
Don´t do it, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is...
Glad it wasn't my old paragliding friend Pete Wallenda* of Wallenair
that ripped you off - who else is making kites in SA now?

*for those who remember them, appropriately enough Pete W is a
nephew of one of the legendary aerialists, the "Flying Wallendas"
( http://www.wallenda.com )

Steve T.

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo, Mexico. Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.

8m Ozone Reo V3
10m Ozone C4 2015
14m Ozone Enduro V1
15m Ozone Chrono V2
17m Ozone Zephyr V5

Boards:

Axis Ultra 2015 144x45cm
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone, Slingshot, North, Naish, Core, Crazy Fly, Axis, Mystic, Pro-Limit Ion & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:50 am

this son of a bitches site, this guy makes foils that couldnt work to cover your car. NEVER BUY FROM THIS SITE: http://www.kite.i8.com/

It is all bull shit, i was really short on cash at the time, really naive, and really wanted a bigger kite to get out, i hadn´t started selling kitesurfing gear here in mexico. I got ripped off 550 dollars, had to make the deposit to some account who knows where. The shipping took forever, and the money i blew had been REALLY hard earned from working as a lifeguard and counselor at a summer camp. It id better to wait and save up than to spend your money on some piece of crap pile of badly sewed nylon.
Sorry about my anger, but you can imagine how mad i was, it is hard to get this much money when you are older, let alone 19 years old.

Steve, have you looked at Traig´s site lately, it is looking much better!

S.A.
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: www.cautionkites.com
www.nobilekiteboarding.com

Postby S.A. » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:36 am

doesn´t look trust worthy, the website build is shit, i wouldn´t doo it, i already had a very bad experience with a very shitty south african foil (not wallend air) and threw my money to the garbage. Don´t do it, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is...
Gotta add ... and went against the advice of South Africans on the net who kindly WARNED me about this product... :duh:

:D :D :D :D

S.A.
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: www.cautionkites.com
www.nobilekiteboarding.com

Postby S.A. » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:38 am

Gotta add ... and went against the advice of South Africans on the net who kindly WARNED me about this product... :duh:

:D :D :D :D

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:48 am

I too fell for those rip offs. About 2 and a half years ago. That really was a piece of shit, I agree with Andreas -very annoying. Spending good money that could have gone towards a real kite, on a piece of nylon and thread got me quite pissed as well. Mostly at myself, for falling for such a crap looking site in the first place...

q-ball
Rare Poster

Postby q-ball » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:44 am

Yeah I bought a from that site... bought a second hand foil from them back in 2001, it was a wallend air ....geez back then they really hand no concept of efficiency at all (probably a very early model I got) ...need less to say I bought another kite 2 months later a delaminating wipika.

But when you are stoked to get kiting ...anyTHING will do. All i can say is SAVE your money and go chat to one of the more established stores and EDUCATE yourself before wasting money on CHEAP CRAP. Often they can put you intouch with someone who is selling their equipment or even have some good quality 2nd hand gear for sale. but definately EDUCATE yourself on what to get! I didn't and I coulda saved a bunch of money and had a much quicker learning curve!

Also ...what is up with their slogan "take the dog for a walk"....hahahahah yeah thats exactly what you will be doing if you buy a crap kite. It will fly like a DOG! Plus the pricing is up the POLE ! even in sand I mean rands!

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster

8m Ozone Reo V3
10m Ozone C4 2015
14m Ozone Enduro V1
15m Ozone Chrono V2
17m Ozone Zephyr V5

Boards:

Axis Ultra 2015 144x45cm

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:38 pm

yep, S.A. and a few others warned me, now i listen more to advice, i was kinda in denial, and had my mind set on these kites actually being good, so i just decided to go for it. So i hope this helps someone else to not buy from these guys

Nayone
Frequent Poster

Postby Nayone » Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:08 pm

that is fantastic..
that has to be up for an award..
the worst website on the internet that I have ever seen :P

Return to “Kitesurfing”