forum for kitesurfers

R
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Spacemonkeys worth the $$$$$?

Postby R » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:40 pm

Hi guys,
I went to the local shop to buy Spacemonkeys and when I read the back and found out it ran for only 28 minutes I thought I'd hold onto my hard earned $$. Is it worth it? At $2AU a minute it would want to be a pretty hot DVD. Is it the sort of DVD you can watch over and over again and get amped for your next session (Fluid Revolution) or is it a bit like Zero3 when after five or six times it sits on the rack?
R

F12-Flyer
Frequent Poster

Postby F12-Flyer » Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:01 pm

Hehehe I notice the same thing I mean they pour all these resources with daysweeks of wind and the top kiteboarders and Yet they manage a Misley 28 mins. Thats pretty sad and shows how unprofessional they really are.

Rod

R
Medium Poster

Postby R » Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:19 pm

My old mate F12 Flyer!
Howzit going buddy? I see that old X3 of yours is on the market again!!
Had much time on the water lately? I had a good session on Friday (held down the F12 in 35 knots, got some HUGE jumps!) and even had a digital camera on hand to capture some of the carnage! Petty the guys filming it missed most of the good stuff and I look like the size of an ant in the shots. Anyway, I'll edit it up one of these days and send it to Mark!
Talking of good vids, I was checking through some of my old stuff on my computer yesterday and came across an Arc630Flyer special! It was the one where you had learned your one foot spins. A classic! These are the sort of Vids we need. Not some edited down, high paced crap which makes you feel you'll never be as good but a balls and all, crash and success stuff like you pump out except with better music. I remember one of your vids came out with a Bon Jovi song. Hang you head in shame! :thumb:

F12-Flyer
Frequent Poster

Postby F12-Flyer » Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:42 pm

ahhh yes the good old days hehehe.

I just got and flew my G13 on saturday in about 15 knots I was really stoked It flys so well cant wait to hit some stronger winds.

I get out every couple of weeks summers coming so hopefully I can double that. as for 35 knots on your f12 you must be CRAZY that is extreme I Really wanna see the footage you have so slap it together any old way I just wanna see it and be Quick :thumb:

Yer that X3 is literally brand new I kinda find it hard to believe that people would bother with LEi theres so much crap invovled.

ANyway Im love my gear and now Ive finally settled on a set of kites G13 gets me cruzing in 13 knots which is about what 16+ LEi will do for others so I have no need to go any smaller then I got my middle range big jumper the F9 (great kite) and hi end G10 Im stoked.

Rod

slingshotucf
Frequent Poster

Postby slingshotucf » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:30 pm

I didn't think Spacemonkies was worth the money. It was short and not that good. It's worth watching maybe 2 times. The area it was shot in was nice tho.

kitepimp
Medium Poster

Postby kitepimp » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:14 pm

best video out to date - without question - good soundtrack, great footage - sweet location.....but agree - petty darn short.

Ramo
Medium Poster

Postby Ramo » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:09 am

unfortunately I didn't look before buying - what is there is good but complete rip-off - lesson learnt!

Return to “Kitesurfing”