Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone 360kg lines any good?

forum for kitesurfers

Ozone 360kg lines any good?

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:05 am

hi

i'm about to buy Ozone's 360kg lines, but not sure abt their quality and do you know if they are prone to do a 'linemess' or are they just fine?

Thx
Jodie :bye:

gethigh
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby gethigh » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:48 pm

Ozone lines are pre-stretched and coulored. Perfect for water and snow, material Dyneema.

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:37 pm

Ozone lines are also pre-tested... very high quality.

The 360kgs have minimal extra drag for such heavy lines so well worth considering. :thumb:

Thatspec
Medium Poster

Postby Thatspec » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:20 pm

Even weighing 90kg, I've never broken 220kg line. The lighter line gives more of a suspension quality to the ride with its greater stretch. I suspect this stretch diminishes over time. 360kg line kind of seems like overkill unless you weigh 125kg or so.

On the other hand, as said, probably not much of a drag difference and Ozone stuff tends to be high quality. Plus I'd like to see Rob Whittals continued success. The other big factor, if you can get a deal on it, go for it.

Cheers, MT

bubba
Medium Poster

Postby bubba » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:02 pm

nothing against the strength of the lines, but I've cut the sleeving in several places (kite and flying lines). It had no effect on the core material but once the sleeve is cut I'd rather not continue to use those lines. Also I noticed the sleeving wearing through at connection points.

I went back to Q-power.

Return to “Kitesurfing”