Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

bar setup storm 2

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

bar setup storm 2

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:17 am

hi i have 12m and 18m storm 2 kites that i fly on a stage 2 bar. what is the best way for me to have the line lengths setup. i know the lines shouldnt be the same length on the storm 2 as opposed to most other kites. i have changed the knots on my leaders a few times but it is still not set up right. any advice please.
pauric

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Re: bar setup storm 2

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:51 am

Anonymous wrote:hi i have 12m and 18m storm 2 kites that i fly on a stage 2 bar. what is the best way for me to have the line lengths setup. i know the lines shouldnt be the same length on the storm 2 as opposed to most other kites. i have changed the knots on my leaders a few times but it is still not set up right. any advice please.
pauric
You need to have equal length lines like ALL other inflatable kites.
The Storm 2, because of the curved tips need a line extension for the front lines, it should be on the kite, is it?
If it is not there, you need to make one, it needs to be a different length for different sizes on the 12M it is 22cm, let me know if you need the 18M.
I have a stage 2 bar here, let me know about the line extensions?

KiteVol
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteVol » Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:53 pm

Kitepower is correct.. I have a 8m and 12m Storm2 and you need the extensions on the front lines for the kite to act correctly. Last weekend I went snow kiting and switched from a 2002 10m fuel to my 2003 8m Storm2 and it was awesome :thumb: . The kite was very fast (winds were 20mph) and turned on a dime...Incredible kite but you need the extensions.

KV

Return to “Kitesurfing”