which to buy

forum for kitesurfers

mat
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

which to buy

Postby mat » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:45 pm

hey everyone i really need some honest advise from you all or who ever may be able to help.
I am in the prosses of byeing two new kites but which to i am undisided on, the two brands i was looking at where naish and slingshot, i was almost set on byeing the new slingshot fuel 2004 a 17 and a 13 as i had heard a lot of good things about them there seriouse boosting potential the one pump thing and other incouraging coments but as we have got nearer to the new year i have heard more and more negavtive coments about the fuel, its lack of up wind ability, lak of depower, one case of it falling apart in surf and some other negative comments, i know no brand is without its faults but i donot want to bye this kite and find out it isnt what its been made up to be, another fact is i have no way of testing the kite before hand. The other kite i was looking at was the new naish X4 which i really havnt heard much about i am simply assuming it will live up to its predesesors, i am also asuming this kite would give me better range depower, upwind ability and so on compaired to the fuel however i am only assuming that so i really need some advise on which to bye, the price difference if there is one is not a issue as i can get both at exalent prices thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

also i think i need to tell you i live in the uk on the south coast so we can get very strong winds and very light winds, it can also get very gusty, hopefully this will aid you in helping me deside on which kite to get, and i really am counting on you all giving your honest oppinions, cherzzzz :thumb:

jasevinda
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jasevinda » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:00 pm

What dyou want to do with the kites?
Are you into big air board off moves?
Power stuff, Kiteloops 'andle passes etc?
Cruising about?
Simple tricks, loops, doubles?

It could be the case to go for a combi of Small Boxer and larger V4
Fuel 04s or wait for the X4.

too many people in my area use really high aspect kites when they should be out on mediums. boost really high and get spanked?

Mediumish aspect kites are for 90% of us. I ride Aero2s but given the cash I'd be riding the a boxer and two V4s.

As for testing SQ is a rep for SS and try and hook up with him for a SS test or keep an eye on the BKSA forum for a Naish Demo/Pimp day

The Sick Air events should kick off in the spring and you can get your hands on V4s Boxers Probably X4s if they are about, Fuels the lot

But try B4 U buy!!

mat
Frequent Poster

Postby mat » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:16 pm

yer man im defanatly into big jumps ever since i took my bros rhino out on a day tht was far to windy for me which yes i know was stupid bt i had people waiting 4 me if i needed to get in and saftey's on an all tht, but tht day i went big and have been wanting to go higher an higher im defanatly into board of's but im not good enough to try handles passes yet, that or jst dnt have th balls to yet. I get what your saying about the whole high aspek thing, firstly though i thought they where ment to have tamed the x4 a bit by giving it a deeper profile, secondly i know the fuels gona get me high but a lot of the time like i said it can be gusty and i have heard the fuel doesnt bowd to well in such conditions, maybe i am wrong but hopfully some one will tell me. the other fact is yes i could wait till spring or whenever they have a demo day bt my brother is the one who is getting me my kites at a very good price and he is leaving england in late january and will not be back 4 some while so really need to deside now, co i know the x4's will not be in by then but if i order them now i can get my good price and just pay when they com in. thanks for any more info :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”