GlobeRider Kites reviews revisited

forum for kitesurfers

Kite Scarecrow
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

GlobeRider Kites reviews revisited

Postby Kite Scarecrow » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:35 am

Ok, since the little "snafoo" with the FORUM this past weekend, I would like to put this back out there to keep the topic fresh, (and since the series of threads were lost) I would like for anybody who has flown the GK Lift or any of the 2004 GK kites, please re-post your reviews here. Thanks...Ian.

miha
Medium Poster

Postby miha » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:55 pm

:bye:

warssie
Medium Poster

Postby warssie » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:38 am

Hi, my 12m² Lift2 has arrived in the shop today:thumb: , I'll test it as soon as I can, my 9 and 18 will arrive at the end of January.

I'm so happy :lol: :oops:

Greeetzz
Sam

Daudbhai
Medium Poster

Postby Daudbhai » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:47 pm

Ian,

I got the GK Lift 2003 11.5 and the 14.5 last year. As a retailer I get to test a lot of kites. I'll first say that construction is don very well. Stiching and lots of reinforcements nice. The dacron leading edge and reinforced dacron back to the struts make the kite solit in holding its shape. I also like the way the canopy is not overlapping in the leading edge. It's sewn to the dacron which comes over the inflatable l/e. Iguess it makes the kite easier to repair and a more solid strut sys. The leading edge bladders and struts are pretty are reduced I'm guessing for a lighter kite than compared to other kites. The performance in the sky and lifting is something else. The kite reacts and performs very well. Quick turns and nice boosting power. Relaunching is with any kite...all depends on your skill but I have never crashed it into the water. This kite does not luff or overshoot the window. Depowering is nice. The only things I didn't like about the GK lifts were the safety system, kite doesn't come with a manual, the valves on the kite don't have the block and the velcro to seal them is pretty skimpy. The bar is nice and wish the lines were color coordinated...well at least the sleeving on the lines should be. I though it was kind of pricey as comapared to the major brands for a new kite. I would say overall is a nice choice if that's the way you are going. The 03 models-colors looked a lot like the Takoons. Haven't seen the 04 models but I saw a pic. Looks nice. GK lifts are worth another try.

Oh I wish they were sized like 8, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22, abd 25 sq meters

Daud

Return to “Kitesurfing”