Handle pass leash - SlingShot

forum for kitesurfers

jimmyc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Handle pass leash - SlingShot

Postby jimmyc » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:59 pm

Looking for ideas to setup a leash from the harness to center flying lines. I have '04 Slingshot bar/lines which have that interesting device just above the depower strap. For those who have not seen it, the piece is bascially 3 rings welded together in an upside down triangle (2 rings on top 1 on bottom). Looking for ideas on how to set leash to both flyng lines but with ability to cut one line free to use as a true leash.

Thanks. :D

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: 10 Nemi HP, 15m Flysurfer..
Brand Affiliation: none, formally BEST Marketing Director.

Postby sq225917 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:39 pm

i guess you mean sort of like the uds system where it grabs both centre lines to depower but can be released to a single line.

i think an ultimate system might be a modified depower strap incorporating uds, but with the 2 stopper balls still intact on the depower, for a handle pass lock off ability. no reason why this couldnt be rigged, especially as slingshot already have a spinning hook just about in production. in fact that might be what they are working on, i'd love to see them ditch that cleat.

jimmyc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jimmyc » Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:24 pm

That sounds like what I am looking for. Where do I get info/pics on the "UDS System". Thanks.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sq225917 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:14 pm

dude where have you been hiding these past six months.

nasih uds system, try the naish website.

if it had a decent strap on rather than the very poor naish depower strap it would be killer, i'm looking at building one into an airush strap/ takoon chciken loop home brew system.

though i do think slingshot will have something very similar very soon.

jimmyc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jimmyc » Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:54 pm

Dude, thanks. Haven't really been looking for leash info nor Naish gear for a long time. But the UDS looks like a decent system. It would benefit from including the killer SS chickenloop with those set-screw balls. Cuz unhooking from the shorty Naish chicken loop looks like a pain.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for what Slingshot comes up with.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sq225917 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:52 pm

yeh the long depower throw of the slingshot set up, linked with a thumbball option for the freebar seems like a reasonable idea.

its no safeer than anything else but the versatility of the long depower over that real short throw set up might be a bonus.

Return to “Kitesurfing”