of the GK lift 12m and 18m ?

Thanks

Elia
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Elia » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:30 am

I'm not sure what you mean? do you mean centreline and or steer line? I'm wondering what people have found our about the KPO and using the different attachment points. I’m using 1 and 5 right now and wonder if 1 and 6 might be more powerful in light winds??

GK
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Pierce inlet

Postby GK » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:28 pm

I've been toying with the settings on my 12 and 15, and here is what I have found so far.
By moving the settins back to 2 and 6, it definitely increased the bottom end and decreased the amount of de-power, which is what you want in light wind. Then I moved it back to 3 and 7 and the kite became sluggish and sat further back in the window. The wind was really light when I did this ( 8-10 mph with the 15) but it still flew forward and pulled surprisingly well. I want to try this again with a little more wind.
I also tried settings 1 and 6, which also seemed to deminish the de-power effect, but had great low end. Next, I want to experiment with the rear line attachments in combination with changing the fronts. There are so many options it could take a while. Mat Pendle is working on a manual which will detail the effects of all of these options. Hopefully this will be available soon. Until then, I'm having fun with my experiments.
Enjoy!!

Elia
Frequent Poster

Postby Elia » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:06 pm

what about the Knotes they use ? It seems that have two 8's with an over hand. I think this is so you can change the set up easily but they don't look very solid. Can You ask Matt to put the guide up on the web site in a PDF that would be helpful.
Thanks for the input I will try 2 and 6 the next time the wind is light here.

ronen01
Medium Poster

Postby ronen01 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:03 pm

Thanks Guys...

psangreman
Rare Poster

GK set up - HELP !!!

Postby psangreman » Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:09 am

:thumb: Hi guys
i have a 12m lift and last weekend i did sheet... i take off the KPO system to see how the kite works without him and when i back to the beach...where is the cables of KPO??? i lost them and now i must do a new one but i don`t know the lenght of the cable and the set up standard of gk. If you can help please tell me the lenght of the cable from the first node to the node you think that kite work`s better. i already see that normaly you use the 1 and 5 attachment points, so i just neede the lenght of the cable.

thank you guys and when you have holidays... come to Portugal...Guincho!!!
nice waves and lots of wind

Pedro

Return to “Kitesurfing”