Litewave 04 boards?

forum for kitesurfers

KGN
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Litewave 04 boards?

Postby KGN » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:12 pm

Anyone used the 115?Can you comment on its upwind ability and contruction?Is it Light?

Beachboy
Frequent Poster

Postby Beachboy » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:24 am

THe new Litewave 115 and 125 are really great boards. I have ridden both and I weigh 215 lbs. and I found the performance to be terrific. At my weight I find the 125 is a good everyday board for me. The 115 has more of a skateboard feel. THe boards are just a little heavier than most boards of comparable size, but the construction of the board is indestructable. These boards are designed to last 2 to 3 seasons.

kitenb
Frequent Poster

Postby kitenb » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:38 am

Have both the 125 and 115. I weigh 170lbs. I love both boards..I don't think they are that much heavier than most boards out there.. They seem to be bombproof(I have broken 3 other boards this year and haven't had issues with these)..I just got the 115 and thought it would only be for high wind conditions...not the case. I have ridden that board on my 20m kite in some pretty light winds this past weekend, and was amazed at how I could stay up wind. Took it out today on my 8m kite in the ocean, and it rocked....Overall, I would give both a thumbs up...

kiteman ks
Medium Poster

Postby kiteman ks » Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:55 am

They are a bit heavier than alot of the boards out there of similar size. What makes them alittle heavier is the that pbt sheet that is not only on the bottom but the deck also. That pbt or plastic covering is what makes these boards to tough. These boards do flex which is good for pop and upwindablility. These new boards aren't to pretty though. Just a standard straight color. The bottom is concave so that with the flex gives these boards a kind of custom feel.

heffe
Frequent Poster

Postby heffe » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:05 pm

The Durasurf stuff is actually a P-tex skin (just like a snowboard).

The '04's are def lighter. I have to agree they are slightly heavier than a similar size '04 board...but indestructible. (After breaking another board with a less-than-optimal "warrenty," not a bad trade-off at all)

Compared to a '03 not bad at all...friends picked my '04 125 at the beach recently and first comment was "Wow, light!" (clearly subjective, but hey, it happened.)

My dealer weighed them at:
"The 125 weighs 5.4 lbs with fins on. The 136 weighs 5.5. Add about 1.2 for straps/pads. I don't have a 115 to weigh at the moment, but probably about 5.0 lbs."

I don't own a scale, so I can't verify; just passing along as general information.

125 is fast and fun (I weigh 87 kg)
-H :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”