Which harness

Forum for kitesurfers
lucifer
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Which harness

Postby lucifer » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:26 pm

As there are no kiteshops near me I would like some input regarding a harness choice.

I have narrowed it down to two that seem to be attractively priced.

Option 1: Dakine Tabu Kite for $55 without a bar so I guess it's more like 75-85 with bar and shipping

Option 2: Canrinha 2003 Impact waist harness complete with bar for $95

I am 6 feet tall and very slim with a long torso. The cabrinha looks to be more padded and protective so I was leaning towards that one being worth the extra money.

Thanks in advance
8)

KiteGlider
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KiteGlider » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:45 pm

Just to give credit where credit is due,

I'm very happy with the Prolimit waist harness with spreader bar side release. Paid about U$100 2 years ago. Still works perfect and the straps only have very minor fray where it cinches in the buckles.

The stainless steel parts are in perfect condition after two years.

The only very small minus is that with wetsuit and skivest, I still have to adjust it all the way to get it tight, and I'm not exactly a thin guy at 95kg.

Overall, very impressed with the Prolimit waist harness for durability, and reliability, going strong after 500-600 hours of use.

heffe
Frequent Poster

Postby heffe » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:20 pm

KiteGlider wrote:
Overall, very impressed with the Prolimit waist harness for durability, and reliability, going strong after 500-600 hours of use.
I have friends who feel exactly the same about the Pro Limit waist after up to 2 yrs on them. I've ridden a Tabu the last 2 yrs....def going Pro Limit this year.
-H :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”