Forum for kitesurfers
Neil 1
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

07 Fuel

Postby Neil 1 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:52 am

Ok, here it goes, have been riding the new 07 15 Fuel now for about 2 months in all kinds of wind. Whether it has been flat water, chop or waves. 13 to 27 knots. Have got to say I am blown away, just got in the full range from 9m-17m.
This kite jumps like crazy, kite loops like a kite should do, has power in all the right areas and turns amazing. The range is the same as bow kites but without any of the bow problems.
I have flown many other kites, bow, hybrid and C's. Yes, I am involved with SS and not trying to just pimp something, just putting out there my feelings, if you get a chance to try these kites out do not hesitate.
I am in Ft. Lauderdale with the full quiver, for anyone who knows how to kite, to try them out.
Cheers Neil

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:17 pm

Great info Neil, thanks for sharing that! I wish I was local enough to come down and take you up on the demo offer.

How are they in gusty winds?

I'm on '06 Fuels for my 13 and 17 sizes, but chose a flat kite for my 9M as high winds in the NE tend to be a bit sketchy. Just felt safer on the bow/hybrid design when a large gust hits I know I can spill most of it quickly.

I'm real happy with my Fuels, but have been jealous of the wind range that people seem to get on their 12/13M flat kites. Seems that they stay on the 13M a lot of times when I'm rigging the 17M. Maybe I'm just fat. :) Anyway, the 13 to 27 knot spread you mentioned is impressive.

How about waves?

I don't have a ton of wave experience but those that do seem to like the bow ability to spill power and stay on waves longer, etc.

I ask this while also understanding that SS isn't trying to make the Fuel be a bow, just to continually improve their C performance. :thumb:

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:32 pm

Fuels07's seem to be flooding over the Netherlands last weeks since they are available. It definitely has a loyal fanbase. Good to see it alive and kicking :thumb:

flyaway
Frequent Poster

Re: 07 Fuel

Postby flyaway » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:47 am

Neil 1 wrote: The range is the same as bow kites but without any of the bow problems.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by flyaway on Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nexusmelo
Medium Poster

Re: 07 Fuel

Postby nexusmelo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:06 am

flyaway wrote:
Neil 1 wrote: The range is the same as bow kites but without any of the bow problems.
:roll:

É melhor eu calar-me! :D
I saw the SS FUEL 15 inverted two times in the same day... :roll:

Neil 1
Medium Poster

Postby Neil 1 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:24 pm

First of all, anyone that has seen a 07 Fuel invert I think has had to much to drink and is seeing things. This has never happend to me or anyone demoing my Fuels, I can never imagine this happening unless thrown over the falls of a wave and then only just maybe.
Remember this wind range is for a more advance rider in normal ocean conditions, not a begginer in HEAVY chop or big waves.
I really do not want to be on here pimping stuff but rarther encurage you to go out and try it for yourself, thats the true test. I was amazed by the kite.
This is the future of C kites and it looks bright. Cheers Neil

kitesurf-ripper
Frequent Poster
Gear: Whatever I find ;)

Postby kitesurf-ripper » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:03 pm

Neil 1 wrote:First of all, anyone that has seen a 07 Fuel invert I think has had to much to drink and is seeing things. This has never happend to me or anyone demoing my Fuels, I can never imagine this happening unless thrown over the falls of a wave and then only just maybe.
Remember this wind range is for a more advance rider in normal ocean conditions, not a begginer in HEAVY chop or big waves.
I really do not want to be on here pimping stuff but rarther encurage you to go out and try it for yourself, thats the true test. I was amazed by the kite.
I think that you had too much drinking by telling us that has the same range as a BOW kite :lol:

The Fuels are really good and I had 3 of the (9, 13, 17) before I move to the dark side this summer (I now have bows).

No way a fuel will have the same range like a BOW. The fuel pulls like hell man and that why is good for freestyle and wake moves.

Don't get me wrong it is a really good kite, but it is a more extreme and hardcore kite that any Bow in the market.

Just my 2 cent mate

nexusmelo
Medium Poster

Postby nexusmelo » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:35 pm

Neil 1 wrote:First of all, anyone that has seen a 07 Fuel invert I think has had to much to drink and is seeing things. This has never happend to me or anyone demoing my Fuels, I can never imagine this happening unless thrown over the falls of a wave and then only just maybe.
Neil, i don't drink, so, i don't see things... :wink:
If i said that i saw one Fuel 2007 inverted twice, it's because i really saw... ok??
The kite wasn't in a ocean with waves, and the rider are a advance rider... :wink:

I don't want to talk badly of SS, i'm just comparing what you said...

"The range is the same as bow kites but without any of the bow problems."

shymac
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Stevenson Point break; Sandbar HR; 3-mile; Hatch; Mosier; S.beach Newport. Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Whistler, Baker, Steamboat.
Favorite Beaches: SOCAL/PNW/HI/BCS/????
Style: Depends on the condition.
Gear: 2012 RPM 4.5/6/7/8/9/10/12/14

Boots/Strapless/Skim/Wakestake/Snowboard
Brand Affiliation: Free Agent

Postby shymac » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:47 pm

I would have to agree with Neil about range being very similar if not the same as many bows out on the market today.

The simplest way i could explaine this is "The Bar"

This year's Fuels come with a bar that has an increased throw that allows you to de-power beyond previous model Fuels. This depower is the range that all bow kites get there kicks.

Well now the 2007 Fuels have the same the kick.

Yes, you might not get the extra 2-4knots that a bow kite gives you but when any kite is at its upper range and you need to depower it basically flies like a dog.

So instead of getting one Bow to try to fly in all conditions try a couple 2007 Fuels and get the PERFORMACE back into Kiting.

:thumb:
Attachments
rubin.jpg
rubin.jpg (158.48 KiB) Viewed 2223 times

nexusmelo
Medium Poster

Postby nexusmelo » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:20 pm

nexusmelo wrote:
Neil, i don't drink, so, i don't see things... :wink:
If i said that i saw one Fuel 2007 inverted twice, it's because i really saw... ok??
The kite wasn't in a ocean with waves, and the rider are a advance rider... :wink:

I don't want to talk badly of SS, i'm just comparing what you said...

"The range is the same as bow kites but without any of the bow problems."
I want do give my apologies for that i said yesterday... :oops: :roll:
I had talk with the rider of FUEL 15 2007 and the kite wont inverted. :wink:
I'm sorry for my mistake...
:bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”