Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Attention 2007 Naish Boxer SLE 15 owners. Feedback wanted.

Forum for kitesurfers
Sloberdog
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Attention 2007 Naish Boxer SLE 15 owners. Feedback wanted.

Postby Sloberdog » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:25 am

I have read some very favorable reviews on the smaller sized Boxer SLE's.
These reviews have sparked my interest in the Boxer 15 SLE. I am looking to replace my 90% kite and would like to get some feedback.

Wind-range, turning speed, kite-loopability, upwindability, likes and dislikes, comparisons, what ever you can provide.

Any feedback regarding this 15m would be very appreciated by me and all others considering this kite.

I need to demo one here in town.

Thanks-

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Re: Attention 2007 Naish Boxer SLE 15 owners. Feedback wante

Postby PAFF » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:32 am

Sloberdog wrote:I need to demo one here in town.

Thanks-
That sounds like the best idea yet.... :thumb:

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:59 am

I have a Boxer SLE 15 and it seems like a great light wind kite to me. It certainly has the power of a bigger C kite, but it turns fast (easy to do kiteloops) and is very responsive. And like other SLE kites it points upwind well which is important on light wind days.

I can't really compare it to much other than my old 16m Raven which was a very nice powerful kite ..I'd say the Boxer 15 has at least as much light wind power and maybe a bit more. When the wind gets stronger it gives very floaty big jumps.

On really light days I can ride it with my Spleene Session board (a real light wind machine) and be having a hoot while most other guys are stuck on the beach.

:wink:
Chris Glazier

Sloberdog
Medium Poster

Postby Sloberdog » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:44 am

Chris - Thanks for your input. I'm at 190 lbs, FLX 132, and experienced. At what wind speed could I expect the "fun factor" to start? Best wind speed?

We need to get more equipment reviews on this forum. I will start as soon as I upgrade to new gear.

-Slober

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:41 am

Hi Slober
At your weight and with that board you will probably need maybe 12 or 13 knots before you're having fun. With a bigger board you'd be having fun way earlier.
Either way, you will love the Boxer 15.

Chris Glazier

sonicboomboom
Rare Poster

Postby sonicboomboom » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:43 am

I just love my 15.. I think the guy who doesnt believe whats written in this thread is probably 70kgs..

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/topi ... C_ID=24979

Sloberdog
Medium Poster

Postby Sloberdog » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:07 pm

Thanks for the link sonicboom. I read your ride report and it sounds like you really like this 15. Have you tried riding unhooked? When you were riding it at close to 30 mph were you just holding it at the edge at the window or were you throwing it around? The reason I ask is that most of my experience in flying kites at their maximum wind speeds is that I tend to keep it at the edge while throwing tricks without moving the kite much. I do occasionally send-it just to scare the crap out of myself...this usually leads me to come in for a smaller kite.

Slober

sonicboomboom
Rare Poster

Postby sonicboomboom » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:06 pm

Slobberdog In 30kts I had the kite in the lowest power settings on the trailing edge of the kite and had about 1/4" pulled on with the trim.. Full trim doesnt produce a usable power zone in these settings. I didnt try unhooked but I think it would be way over the top. The Boxer responds to depower well and any more han 30kts would have been beyond my abilities and comfort.

Cheers

harppa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Eleveight kites, Brunotti boards, ION neoprene and Moses hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Eleveight, Brunotti, Peter Lynn, ION, Shark SUP and few others.

Postby harppa » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:04 am

cglazier wrote:I have a Boxer SLE 15 and it seems like a great light wind kite to me. It certainly has the power of a bigger C kite, but it turns fast (easy to do kiteloops) and is very responsive. And like other SLE kites it points upwind well which is important on light wind days.

I can't really compare it to much other than my old 16m Raven which was a very nice powerful kite ..I'd say the Boxer 15 has at least as much light wind power and maybe a bit more. When the wind gets stronger it gives very floaty big jumps.

On really light days I can ride it with my Spleene Session board (a real light wind machine) and be having a hoot while most other guys are stuck on the beach.

Chris Glazier
Has anyone tried Boxer 15m and 2006 shockwave 16m?
My Shockwave is really slow but it has loads of power so for example when I compared it to 15m Tribal I got going much better with the shockwave. So how close would the boxer get powerwise?

masterred
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sottomarina (Ve) North-est Italy
Favorite Beaches: Barbados
Style: Foiler
Gear: Ozone Chrono 15 v3- Ozone Enduro v2 9- Ozone Alpha 12 - Groove Boards - Hydro Board Hybrid 5.3-Hf Moses Onda 633
Brand Affiliation: Hydrofoil News

Postby masterred » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:23 pm

boxer 9,12,15
location barbados 2007.
Attachments
DSC00014.JPG
boxer 15
DSC00014.JPG (57.35 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
DSCN0323.JPG
boxer 15
DSCN0323.JPG (36.1 KiB) Viewed 1161 times