Quiver advise

Forum for kitesurfers
woodfu
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quiver advise

Postby woodfu » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:53 pm

Need some advise on my quiver. Currently i have a 9m boxer sle, 12m Boxer sle and a 12m Torch3.

I wouldn't part with the 9m boxer for love nor money but having two 12m kites is a little silly even if the boxer has a couple of knots on the low end of the torch.

The 12m boxer hasn't seen much action since i got the torch and i am leaning toward letting it go and getting a bigger kite.

Kicker is i don't want to ride anything slower then the torch. After getting rid of my 14m sonic i've been put off big kites and that was the biggest kite i've flown.

I'm 83kg and on a 132x39 board.

Was thinking a really wide board might be the solution.. that or a 14m thruster however eclipse aren't in my country yet. I was thinking i could probably get away with a thruster and the 9m boxer.

Anyone got any feed back on the 15m boxer and 16m torch?

Also i have a friend who's wanting to get into kiting. She's 65kg odd and i was wondering if a 9m or 12m sle would be better allround kite for her as she will only have one for quite awhile.

Any suggestions apricated.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby JGTR » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:20 pm

After getting rid of my 14m sonic i've been put off big kites and that was the biggest kite i've flown.
Don't be put off big kites by the Sonic 14...it is a really slow kite, I had one and sold it very quickly as I found it to be too slow...it was slower than my 18M :o (Its actually the worst kite that I have ever flown)

Big kites are always going to be slower....but a 14 or 16 Torch will be a lot better than Sonic 14

Definately look at a bigger board....I brought a Nobile EXT (139x46) and ended up selling most of my big kites as the board gave me alot better low end - I went from 5 C kites to a 9 and 11 SLE with 2 boards :thumb:

For your friend, at her weight I'd recommend a 9m SLE. You don't need a really powerful kite when you are learning, plus a 12m SLE would prob be too powerful above 20 mph.

Return to “Kitesurfing”