Favorite Beaches: Cape Haterras
Style: Go Big!
Gear: Naish Boxer II's - C kites baby!
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hatteras Beach House Rental Question

Postby mobettah » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:18 pm

I was wondering has anyone had experience of renting a beach house in Cape Hatteras with one the rental companies (Midgett, Surf and Sound, etc...) that would allow 4 guys that were not related rent a place?
Reason I'm asking is I noticed in both the Midgett and Surf and Sound rental agreements that they indicate "family groups" only along with several things that do not constitute a family group ie frat, church group, club, etc...

Four of us up here in Canada are thinking a week in Hatteras in early April would be a good start to our Kiteboarding season. it would be warm at least! :D

Tony
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Foil
Gear: Delta HA Foils 1280,1050,850,700
Airush Nitros and Duotone Slicks
Appletree Jazz
Bunch of other gear I need to sell

Postby Tony » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:38 pm

It is not an issue. Someone has to pony up the money/deposit and be responsible for the place.
The local windsurf club goes twice a year and fills up one or two houses to capacity.

tkettlepoint
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Jellyfish boards custom boards
Brand Affiliation: Jellyfish Boards

Postby tkettlepoint » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:41 pm

you are all family. kite boarding family..

we have been going down for years and some how we are all related when we leave for hatteras and as soon as we get home we decide that we don;t want to buy presents for everyone so no more..

we have never had a problem.. they don;t know if you are related or not.. Just be nice to everyone and treat the place like it is your own..
Leave it the way you found it , if not better and everything should be good to go..

just my 2 cents which don;t mean alot
Tkettlepoint

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:35 pm

ignore it.

just rent a house, put one of your names on the lease. if someone else is getting there before you just call and say they are picking up the keys for you.

check out Outer Beaches Realty. They seem to be friendly, have less fees, and genuinely nicer to deal with than Hatteras Realty. (no experience with the others you mentioned but Outer Beaches has a home catalog littered with kite photos! :) )

viento
Medium Poster

Postby viento » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:27 pm

I've dealt with Sun Realty a few times, the first time was a hassle, we had to get permission from the house owner but after that it's been cool and they let us rent what we like. Usually group of guys early 20s we've been so if we can get a place I think anyone can.

nab1000
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 757, 252
Style: Wake
Gear: LF HiFi's, Influence 138, LF Cabs
Brand Affiliation: Wave Riding Vehicle Surfboards

Postby nab1000 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:43 pm

outer beaches for sure http://www.outerbeaches.com (all the companies are good though for 1 story things to the sick 3 story mega rentals). So whose commin down this weekend for real's lesson center party? Looks like no wind right now from the SW but u can never be to sure :thumb: :thumb:

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:27 pm

nab1000 wrote:...So whose commin down this weekend for real's lesson center party? Looks like no wind right now from the SW but u can never be to sure :thumb: :thumb:
That sounds like a BLAST! :D Looks like a sick party lined up and hopefully some great demos. Wish I could make it down with you guys but I have some other fun plans this weekend in BC. Have a blast breaking in the season. :thumb:

nab1000
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 757, 252
Style: Wake
Gear: LF HiFi's, Influence 138, LF Cabs
Brand Affiliation: Wave Riding Vehicle Surfboards

Postby nab1000 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:58 am

OT:
Have a blast breaking in the season.
psshh we've been kiting all year. had the steamer out saturday, and had a "snowkiting" sessiion when it was blowing 20. That water was freezing! :lol: Yah theere are free demos/Free gear give aways this weekend so everyone should make it down looks like good times, even if there is now wind :cry:

Return to “Kitesurfing”