forum for kitesurfers

Lord of the Boards
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Ringkobing fjord Denmark, questions

Postby Lord of the Boards » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:56 am

Hi there,

We rented a house at Argab, Denmark for a week at the end of june with a mixed group of windsurfers and kitesurfers. I've searched on kitebeaches and found some spots nearby.

Are there any special regulations in the area? Can we just kite at any beach we want on the fjord or are there also restricted beaches?
Can we kite anywhere we want on the seaside?

Thanks,

Jan

Sestri ponente
Medium Poster

Re: Ringkobing fjord Denmark, questions

Postby Sestri ponente » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:36 am

Lord of the Boards wrote:Hi there,

We rented a house at Argab, Denmark for a week at the end of june with a mixed group of windsurfers and kitesurfers. I've searched on kitebeaches and found some spots nearby.

Are there any special regulations in the area? Can we just kite at any beach we want on the fjord or are there also restricted beaches?

Thanks,

Jan
You can kite where you want in the fjord :D I dontthink there is any regulations but if there is there will be signs! Try "kloster" it is a very cool flatwater spot! there is so many spots in ringkøbing fjord, but make sure you also try the wavespots on the west coast "klitmøller" "hanstholm" very nice and clean waves :thumb:

here is a spotmap http://www.bestkiteboarding.dk/Spotkort.aspx

Sake
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sake » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:44 am

Or check http://www.kitebeaches.com/kitebeaches/search.php on this very site.
Search for Denmark-West.
Very usefull.
I stayed 2 years ago in Argab and had 2 great weeks with very nice winds. Especially NW at the Mole.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Ringkobing fjord Denmark, questions

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:25 pm

Lord of the Boards wrote:Hi there,

Thanks,

Jan
Yes :thumb:

No restrictions.

The seaside can be a bit crowded when wind is NorthWesterly - as it is a great break behind the "Mole" (pier) as Sake also writes.

Lots of kitesurfers, windsurfers, and surfriders - in the same spot.
Surfriders only close to the pier - because there is clean waves and no sidecurrent at all (and a current going out - so you can just sit on your board and get transported out to the impact zone - great !)
So easy to avoid conflicts - as the waves are breaking really long and far away from the pier too.

Regarding the "Fjord" - you can kite anywhere - but on the westside there is a few areas where you can park at the surfstations - thus getting toilets and hot water etc. too.
You pay a small amount - almost nothing though, like a parking fee.

At the east side there are lots of spots, where you just park and go out wherever you want. The water is knee to waist deep several miles out, at most places here 8)
And at "Bork" there is a good surfshop too (also at Hvide Sande at the surfstation)

I can only recommend that you ask for spots at the surfshops, or the folks you meet at the spots - they can tell you exactly what you want to know.

Have a nice vacation :thumb:

Kindly, Peter Frank

Lord of the Boards
Frequent Poster

Postby Lord of the Boards » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:16 pm

:thanx:

That's really helpfull. Very nice to hear that we're free to choose our own spot. Some of us are beginners, so we want to avoid crowded spots a bit. I'm really looking forward to this week of joy. :thumb: Just hoping for some good wind!

I know we have to take some booze with us, because it's expensive to buy it in Denmark. But how about the normal groceries? Are those expensive too, compared with the Netherlands or is it about the same?

Any nightlife in the area or do we have to make our own party? :cheers:

Thanks,

Jan

Return to “Kitesurfing”