06 Ozone instinct Tuning

forum for kitesurfers

Nino_fs
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

06 Ozone instinct Tuning

Postby Nino_fs » Fri May 04, 2007 10:48 pm

I have heard talk of how shortening the rear lines on the instinct really improves the power and turning of the kite.

To anyone who has done this what are you line lengths.

Compare all lines to your front lines with depower all the way out (full power)please and the lines all layed straight out from the bar.

ie.
The rear lines are 6cm shorter than the front lines.
The 5th line is 2cm shorter.

Thanks in advance.

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Sat May 05, 2007 6:52 am

more or less

What you have to do is either make the back lines shorter or the front lines longer ( depending on the kite size between 4-8 cm ) and THEN make the 5th line shorter another 2-4 cm ( dep. on kite size )

We have been doing this experiment on the 06 kites and what it does is gives the kite more power and helps the kite turn more on his axis.

Another way is just to make the 5th line shorter , helps the turn axis but doesn't change the overall handling of the kite ( super for wave riding )

Here is how you do it ....

Make 5 extensions of around 10 cm on all lines and play a bit with the mod.

I haven´t tried on my bigger kites but on the 7 & 9 m works awesome

Saludos

This mod do not really help improve the turning speed.... for this you need to make the back lines bridle ( same as 07 line up )

pjoter
Rare Poster

Postby pjoter » Sat May 12, 2007 7:26 pm

panchito wrote:the front lines longer ( depending on the kite size between 4-8 cm ) and THEN make the 5th line shorter another 2-4 cm ( dep. on kite size )
you mean the 5th line LONGER another...?

I'm making the back lines bridle mod, so I'll just make the front line extensions a bit longer to get this. how much do you think, for the 06 11? 6cm and 5th 9cm?

thanks, peter

parlophone
Medium Poster

Postby parlophone » Sat May 12, 2007 9:20 pm

I have a '06 7m. Don't need to change anything, ride the kite from 20 to 35 kts without a problem and without using the depower cleat + no adaptations needed...
The kite rocks!!

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Sun May 13, 2007 4:44 am

pjoter wrote:
panchito wrote:the front lines longer ( depending on the kite size between 4-8 cm ) and THEN make the 5th line shorter another 2-4 cm ( dep. on kite size )
you mean the 5th line LONGER another...?

I'm making the back lines bridle mod, so I'll just make the front line extensions a bit longer to get this. how much do you think, for the 06 11? 6cm and 5th 9cm?

thanks, peter
Well...

If you shorten the 5th line of the Instincts ( either 06 or 07 kites ) the kite will turn more on his axis ( not touching any other line ) I found this when playing with the first bridle mod for my 11 m back them in November , for normal riding is no benefit but if you like to wave ride YES

Also when I did the first mod to my kites I made an error with the measurement of the extensions for the front lines ( there used to be 4 cm to long ) and the kite ( any size ) felt more powerful on moderate-strong winds but on light winds this was not good since the kite used to stall and fall backwards when over sheeted , cause the kite was already over sheeted.

SO what I did to my 13 m was to leave the front lines a bit longer for example:

Bridle 13m 70 cm

Extension front lines : 74 cm
Extension 5th line : 69 cm

If you are doing the bridle mod to your kites you need to take the measurements for the front lines extensions like this :

and NOT like this :

Saludos

Return to “Kitesurfing”