Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Southern France & Freecamping.... tollerated?

forum for kitesurfers

ckramer
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Southern France & Freecamping.... tollerated?

Postby ckramer » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:29 pm

I'd like to plan a low budget holiday with my budiies, we were planning on taking the car to sothern france and sleep on the beach or wherever we find a nice place. I remember some years ago with my family, it was quite a common practice in France...
is it still tollerated, or we'll piss everyone off?

randykato
Very Frequent Poster

Postby randykato » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:19 pm

It depends on where you go, but if you go all the way down to Beauduc, it's "the end of the earth" and you can do what you like. You'll have to bring all your food and water though, because there's nothing out there.

webhiker
Frequent Poster

Re: Southern France & Freecamping.... tollerated?

Postby webhiker » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:19 pm

Beauduc is ok for driving on the beach and camping and stuff, but I wouldn't recommend it too much unless you have a camper or something - the mosquitoes from the surrounding marshes are quite legendary.
There's very reasonable accomodation in the nearest town Salin de Giraud, Hotel Les Saladelles, for example. Not 5 star, but comfy enough for relaxing after a good session.
ckramer wrote:I'd like to plan a low budget holiday with my budiies, we were planning on taking the car to sothern france and sleep on the beach or wherever we find a nice place. I remember some years ago with my family, it was quite a common practice in France...

HelldogBE
Very Frequent Poster

Postby HelldogBE » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:44 pm

Crap sorry, I thought freecamping with a camper :lol:

randykato
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Southern France & Freecamping.... tollerated?

Postby randykato » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:38 pm

webhiker wrote:Beauduc is ok for driving on the beach and camping and stuff, but I wouldn't recommend it too much unless you have a camper or something - the mosquitoes from the surrounding marshes are quite legendary.
There's very reasonable accomodation in the nearest town Salin de Giraud, Hotel Les Saladelles, for example. Not 5 star, but comfy enough for relaxing after a good session.
ckramer wrote:I'd like to plan a low budget holiday with my budiies, we were planning on taking the car to sothern france and sleep on the beach or wherever we find a nice place. I remember some years ago with my family, it was quite a common practice in France...
Oh yeah, I forgot about those mosquitos. It's only for an hour or so around sunset, but it's an hour of pure hell if you don't have some good shelter.

Return to “Kitesurfing”