Forum for kitesurfers
TurcoLoco
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Baliwind Travel Board

Postby TurcoLoco » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:08 pm

I would like to know from buyers of their travel board if they are satisfied,
if it really works, if water leaks from the center union of the 2 pieces.
This is a very different concept board, input apreceated! :thumb:

Waldo
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Waldo » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:28 pm

and who used the foldable French board? lost the link, who can remind me? the French board looked more solid to me

overboard
Medium Poster

Postby overboard » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:43 pm

Bought a Baliwind Travel board before travelling to Oz and NZ this winter and found it to be an excellent board. There is no jetting of water through the join, the flex gave a good ride over chop and there was no splashing which you get from some boards. Being custom they will tailor the board to suit you in respect to size and flex. They have just completed a wave board for me which I am looking forward to getting for a trip to Ireland. Excellent product made to a high standard that looks the part.

For me the decision to go for a travel board is probably one of my better decisions as this winter I had about ten flights during my travels and have another six planned for the next two months. With a travel board it is so much less hassle than travelling with a board bag and saves the surcharge for sports equipment charged by some airlines.

One thing that Baliwind do is to load test all the boards they make to give them confidence that the board will not break in use. They did this with my wave board and discovered that they had been supplied with carbon to the wrong specification by their supplier. Having obtained a fresh supply of the correct specification carbon they then made another board which proved sound on the load test. I doubt whether there are many builders of kiteboards that go to that much trouble and for me that gives me a lot of faith in the product.

Waldo
Medium Poster

Postby Waldo » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:33 am

Hi Overboard
Could you post some pics and mention size and price?
Thanks,
Waldo

daft
Frequent Poster

Postby daft » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:51 am

eran_h wrote:check the link and you will see what overboard is talking about :

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2324742&highlight=baliwind

and this is a new one :

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2337758&highlight=baliwind

lezo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 80kgs
Local Beach: I have local friends at many beaches now!
Favorite Beaches: Mostly riding these days North Fuerte beaches or wavespots of the French Atlantic/North coast.
Gear: Custom wavesurf board with RRD Religions, custom foilkite with Peak5s, Ozone Edges for boosting.

Postby lezo » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:12 am

Waldo wrote:and who used the foldable French board? lost the link, who can remind me? the French board looked more solid to me
Now it's in serial production in France and is sold for exemple here:

http://kiteshop.fr/product_info.php?cPa ... ucts_id=93

In the first part of this video you can see the No Mad travel board in action:

http://www.productionkite.com/vid/bularoo.wmv

tommykite
Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby tommykite » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:33 pm

Love the look of that go mad board good to see people thinking out side the box with clever design.

(Shame about the price!)
Tommy

overboard
Medium Poster

Postby overboard » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Hi Waldo

In addition to the two posts Daft directed you to I suggest you try phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2328824&highlight=baliwind which shows my board on page 2. In respect to price you will have to talk to Yoav at Baliwind as the price depends on the size of board, graphics,flex, width of stance, etc as every board is custom made and not mass produced.

My board is 130x39 as I felt that for my weight it would make a good allround board for me. Yoav is now making me a travel wave board which will be about 164x44. My travel board weighs just over 3 kilo complete with pads, straps and fins.

Apart from bag size the airlines are also getting keen to charge for extra weight so I am always looking to save weight where I can within my kitesurfing gear.

joeag
Medium Poster

Postby joeag » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:34 pm

Overboard, please post photos of your large travel wave board when you get it! Very interesting.

TurcoLoco
Medium Poster

Baliwind

Postby TurcoLoco » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:57 pm

Overboard, I would like to know how you paid him and where did you pick up your board. Israel isnt a comon destination, if the board was shiped how much was the shipping?
Thank you.

Return to “Kitesurfing”