Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

which is the best bar for naish torch 3 ?

Forum for kitesurfers
James Bond
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

which is the best bar for naish torch 3 ?

Postby James Bond » Tue May 15, 2007 8:52 pm

double de-power?
or normal shift bar

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Tue May 15, 2007 11:32 pm

I think that depends on how you ride. If you ride in stable conditions, and do a lot of freestyle, I think I would go with the regular shift bar, however, if you like to ride powered...and / or the conditions are squally and unstable. the double depower for sure.

The double depower is a great invention, and when you burn and crash in high winds, pushing out the double depower a little will leave your kite hanging limp in the air and you can simply swim up to your board. Also when squalls hit it is great bar to push out. The 07 T3 and R3 kites have a huge wind range, so normal gusts are easily taken by the kite.

For wakestyle riding the normal bar is simpler and have a line less to get tangled in when crashing....

A.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Wed May 16, 2007 1:53 pm

It is so as Alex describes.
In my case I have DD bars on my Torches and sometimes when I let go /attached to the 5th/ is getting messy due to the extra line . Altough the kite is relaunchable if the yellow line is tangled it shortens the 5th wich flattens the kite alot and you have get back to fix the prob.
There few ways to avoid that :
Always untangle your lines before sesh -in all of my cases that was the reason.
Shorten the length of the bar travel when let go -esp. this that has to stop before the bungee wich when loaded in opposite direction /when retrieving the bar/ get stuck in to red ball and CL metal ear.
If you don`t like the DD sys you can remove the ball,extra line and etc.
and it will become a classic Shift .

Lately I`ve been thinking to shorten the bar travel riding on the 5th to the degree when instead of attached suicide /on the CL/ - to ride on 5th and when let go the bar to be closer but the kite in the air and depowered.

Regards,
L.

woodfu
Frequent Poster

Postby woodfu » Wed May 16, 2007 2:24 pm

Is the length of the shift throw the same as it is to the red ball on the DD? Or is it the full length of the cl rope??

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Thu May 17, 2007 11:23 am

Hi woodfu,
I think the DD bar throw is shorter if I compare it to my previous `06 Torches, infact the DD is ready out of the box while I always shortened the CL on the Shift ..
But I have to admit that I don`t ride against the stopper ball when hooked because T3 is very light on the bar.

Regards,
L.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu May 17, 2007 12:19 pm

Yeah, like Ludmil I think the throw on the bar with the DD stopper is a little shorter than the regular. You really don't need as much throw on a bar that has the DD, and it is a lot more comfortable to spin the bar on the DD stopper.

unless you loop the kite and spin a lot..only one way, I think the DD bar is really nice..the added safety is really nice.

A.

R Soul
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Str8 From The Horses Mouth... Ravens and Shinns... Love 'em.

Postby R Soul » Fri May 18, 2007 10:40 am

Because of the reasons Ludmil stated, if you ride unhooked a lot and drop the bar, things can get a little messy. Then a standard shift could be better.
If you're hooked in 99% of the time, the D/D is a winner, but not really necessary on bigger kites, lighter days, more for your small kites / big days.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri May 18, 2007 10:48 am

R Soul wrote:Because of the reasons Ludmil stated, if you ride unhooked a lot and drop the bar, things can get a little messy. Then a standard shift could be better.
If you're hooked in 99% of the time, the D/D is a winner, but not really necessary on bigger kites, lighter days, more for your small kites / big days.

or ofcourse for the days you take out your 14 torch, and it is blowing 23 mph...just because you can :-) :-) :-)

..otherwise I agree...though going unhooked is okay, but if the lines are too spun up...

A.

Return to “Kitesurfing”