Powerlock

forum for kitesurfers

Adolfo
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Powerlock

Postby Adolfo » Wed May 02, 2007 5:35 pm

Does anyone know of an aftermarket option for converting a normal, two line chicken loop, bar to a powerlock bar?
I’m very used to powerlock bars (Cabrinhas 03 / 04 / 05), and now I switched to Waroos. I like the kites, but I can’t do some of my favorite tricks any more. I like old stile: deadmans, board offs, one footers, etc. I bought the Waroos in December, and expected to get used to them during the southern hemisphere kiting season. But the season went by, and now I have tendonitis in my shoulder and still can’t, get used to the new bar. As most powerlock or micro loop users know, it just feels natural to jump and lock the bar at full power. The Best bar has a stopper, but it’s difficult to move it down with one hand, while holding the bar with the other during the jump. But, having said that, I would like to keep the Best bar. The stopper is useful for resting the bar for cruising and for unspinning the lines, and the by-pass leash is a nice feature too. I only miss the powerlock.
Yes, I tried a fixed loop, but its not the same. Its not easy to hook in and out, or to control the kite while hooked in.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Return to “Kitesurfing”