Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

"BEST" return policy or is it a sham?

forum for kitesurfers

another_kite_guy
Rare Poster

"BEST" return policy or is it a sham?

Postby another_kite_guy » Thu May 10, 2007 9:06 am

Im sure we have all heard the BEST claims "send it back even if your dog chewed on it..." bla bla...
Well, Im wondering if these claims are correct and still stand. And has anyone actually done this with success and has anyone tried this and they did NOT ablige.

Tell me your dirt!

HelldogBE
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby HelldogBE » Thu May 10, 2007 9:11 am

bought a 9 and 14 waroo, at the end of the first month I blew up my 14 with an air compressor (the hole was huge, it couldve been repaired but it definitely wouldnt have been the same again)

mailed pics to the dealer and he said I could come by again when new 14m's arrived. So I did!!

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: BEST TS, Best Nemesis HP, Kahoona and Roca.
Brand Affiliation: used to be BestKiteboarding.com

Postby sq225917 » Thu May 10, 2007 9:14 am

give me a break. is today bullshit rumour spreading day on kiteforum or what.

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Thu May 10, 2007 1:58 pm

i bought a super duper Best kite and it wasn't what i expected - kited on it for a month and returned it - no questions asked

used the money to buy two less expensive Best kites

30 day no questions asked return policy seems to be - just that

David

uka
Medium Poster

Postby uka » Thu May 10, 2007 2:49 pm

I blew my kite up too, large whole created in LE on impact with the ground. Possibly stitching failure, maybe not. Kite was replaced no problem.

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Thu May 10, 2007 2:58 pm

purdyd wrote:i bought a super duper Best kite and it wasn't what i expected - kited on it for a month and returned it - no questions asked

used the money to buy two less expensive Best kites

30 day no questions asked return policy seems to be - just that

David
If only Toyota, Ducati, Sony and every other company in the world could do the same.... life would be so easy!! Just go in buy a car and go.... return it after a month when you find it's not quite what you wanted!! :D

k2ski3
Medium Poster

Postby k2ski3 » Thu May 10, 2007 3:13 pm

I am clearly not on Best's favorite person list today, so I thought I should chime in since I am one of the individuals being blamed for rumors.

The Best warranty is legitimate and the reason I refer many new riders to the brand as an alternative to the lower cost brands I carry.

If you buy the kite direct, you can deal with the warranty directly. If you buy the kite from a retailer, you must go through the retailer for the warranty. It must be a "Best certified" retailer too.

surf-turkey
Frequent Poster

Postby surf-turkey » Thu May 10, 2007 5:11 pm

give me a break. is today bullshit rumour spreading day on kiteforum or what.
Why should today be different than any other bullshit rumour spreading day on kiteforum?
I bought some best kites when they first came on the scene. I flew them for about a month and found I didn't like how they handled. I spoke with best and they suggested that I try tweaking a few things to get them to perform better. I let them know that my 30 days was up and was concerned about returning them if I kept them any longer. They said no problem that they would extend it. I kept them for another month and managed to put a few holes into one of them. At the end of the second month when I still wasn't happy they took them back, holes and all, full refund, no questions asked. I still don't ride best but I was impressed at the time that they lived up to their promise. Not sure if things have changed over the past few years or not.

kiterMD
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Freestyle
Gear: 2006 North Vegas 16m, 9m
2006 North Rhino 12m
2007 Flexi Ion2 14.5m
2006 LF Element 140, 2007 Escalades

Postby kiterMD » Thu May 10, 2007 5:18 pm

my friend bought one direct in 05, didn't like the way it flew, and returned it for a refund, still sandy and salty

randal
Medium Poster

Postby randal » Thu May 10, 2007 6:31 pm

The only time that I've had problems is if you buy the kites from real. They were willing to exchange but not do a refund for the kite. It was a tad frustrating, but the sales people at both ends were very helpful in getting an alternative. Not sure if this has changed, but its something to be aware of if you are relying on the guarantee.

Return to “Kitesurfing”