All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:17 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

as you can see, some people try everything to advertise.

I really can understand the complaints of other users now.

If anything else, please inform me and I will try to help out.

Thanks
Toby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:26 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Still toby, there's no reason to ban Stru. He's an active poster and everybody know's his work around kitesurfing. He should have the chance to answer back to you and defend himself. He has talked to me over the phone and he doesn't understand the reasons for such ban. The kind of publicity he wrote is the same one that so many others do here, such as Skull Kites, Vianalocals and so many other dealers in portugal. It is good to be info'd on new kites, and if that kind of advertising isen't allowed, you should give people a 2nd chance. and Why is he banned and not others ?! is it to set an example ?! i think everybody deserves a 2nd chance
About the complaints you had... well, people only read what they want to. no one makes them open any post! that's what free will is all about :thumb:
As a regular poster here, i give you my personal opinion about it - which is - i'm fine with whatever publicity is here, from kiteschools to kite brands, takoon, wipika, best, SS, naish... any new info is good matter! As long as it by your rules, i see no point in banning posts about new kites or banning someone. who ever complained is certainly very bitter about this, and it is sad that people take it out like this...

Stru has asked me to quote his words -

Quote:
it seems that even like wawando is saying it is possible to post .
i am out of kiteforum without any chance of defending myself.

Just my 5cents on this matter... nothing personal! don't ban me! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:51 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Toby I think you should reconsider. There in no reason to ban somebody only because he posted some photos. For me it's not advertising, its info, the product was released and advertised enough by Best.
If I want to test the kite, I know who to contact or where it can be tested.

I can find similar posts on the main page from other companies.

As the Germans say" Hand aufs Herz"! Are you not doing also at least " a little bit" of advertising on other forums like Kitesurfing Kiel or Oase ?
Your user name at Oase is even "kiteforum.com" and not "Toby", correct ? And as far as I can remember, some pussies at Oase also claimed about you....

At Kitesurfing Kiel, I saw already several times that when ever somebody asks for info about a spot you post " See Kitebeaches.com" or something similar. :wink: I don't see a problem in that, as well as I don't see a problem in Stru's post.

The pussies who are claiming here have two options, they can write a pm to the poster or they can open a topic were we can discuss about it. But that's the problem with this folks here, lack of balls ! They prefer that somebody else does the shitty jobs for them.
Stru is one of the oldest here and helped to make the Portuguese section what it is today, banning him is not nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:39 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

yep dont ban stru :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:11 pm 
Medium Poster

CC wrote:
Não há por aí nenhum entendido na matéria capaz de criar um Forum Nacional, do estilo do Tuga para o Tuga, e claro, sem censura ?

Pessoal do kiteriderz ! Que tal um Forum a sério para o site ?
Dá muito trabalho ?

Este tipo de forum é mt simples de instalar, é um forum do phpbb q é cedido de borla.

A unica coisa q é necessário é um alojamento q corra php e base de dados MySql...

Se alguem arranjar o alojamento eu instalo isso, se quiserem... tb arranjo o alojamento mas isso tem custos e acho q n pega... a malta curte este e está habituada ... no q está bem n se mexe

Isto parece discussao de putos, com queixinhas e castigos, se tivessem q banir toda a publicidade intrinseca q aqui há, 2/3 dos posts, videos e fotos iam à vida...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:23 pm 
Rare Poster

Tenho escola/loja e acho que quem fez queixas devia era preocupar-se com o seu negócio e não com os outros.
Por isso é que o seu negócio não corre bem. :desperado:
Queixinhas é coisa de criança.
Tenho dito.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:52 pm 
Medium Poster

Malta, o stru pede para avisar q este assunto está a ser debatido no papagaio desportivo, diz q por lá o Salazar não manda nada!!!

:lol: :lol:

Ah!!! é verdade, amanha vou experimentar o novo yarga, parece q vai tar em matosas, venha o vento!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:05 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I hear your concerns and arguments.

But I saw that some people in here just use this forum for advertising.
Letting people know about the possibilities of testing gear is no problem, but not in a way that it is totally like an ad.
The way he posted in this thread is fine, no problem with that.
But comments like "order here --> XYZ shop" just is not fair towards me.
An ad like this costs in a magazine 1000 Euro.
This is not a magazine where you expect to see ads, it is a forum where you expect to read about kitesurfing.

It is different if someone is looking for information about beaches, then a link to a beach site gets posted, where the user can find FREE information.

And it is not ok, if some one gets told to stop advertising and then posts a link to another site and says that forum is better...

Everyone of you would have banned a behavior like this as well.
And every good forum would do the same, no matter who runs it.

Stru and I are mailing to solve this problem asap. And if he agrees to stay within the guidelines, I have no problem to give him access again.

And please, everyone with a commercial interest, make sure it does not look like advertising, otherwise it gets deleted.
Only this way the quality of a forum can be guaranteed.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Greets
Toby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:07 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Quote:
Stru and I are mailing to solve this problem asap.

:thumb:

I'm sure you will find a solution !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:30 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

toby, agree 100% with you deleting every post that sounds like an add... just not banning someone... no need for such extreme action.

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next