Forum for kitesurfers
Guam Bomb
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EH Ripper or Beast any feed back

Postby Guam Bomb » Sun May 13, 2007 8:44 am

Hi has anyone tried the 2 kites from EH. the Ripper and Beast? looks like these kites are well built etc,any feed back will be much appreciated :D

duinkiter_louis
Rare Poster

Postby duinkiter_louis » Sun May 13, 2007 8:53 am

the ripper is better for big sizes and the beast is better for smal sizes.

duinkiter_rod
Medium Poster
Style: freestyle/wakestyle

Postby duinkiter_rod » Sun May 13, 2007 11:32 am

i would say that the beast is an easyer kite than the ripper. your timing has to be perfect on the ripper to have a good jumping result.

Guam Bomb
Frequent Poster

Postby Guam Bomb » Sun May 13, 2007 11:53 am

thanks for the input :thumb: what else can you tell me about the kites?bar pressure,depowering, turning speeds, anything about them :D

max
Very Frequent Poster

Postby max » Sun May 13, 2007 12:02 pm

Guam Bomb,

i have owned both the 10m Ripper and 10m Beast....

without a doubt, each has its own strengths...owning both gives you the best of both worlds....different kites designed for different purposes...

the Beast has better low end and pops good jumps with generally better hang than the ripper....also great for transition tricks....sits further back in the window and is easier to stall than the ripper....it has light bar pressure (less than the ripper) but does not respond to bar movements as quickly or as readily as the ripper...

having said all that....i'm a ripper fan and it is my kite of choice....the ripper is more alive and so responsive to bar movements....and its speed allows you to get the apparent wind happening....the ripper likes a fast board....

both kites are well built, and both have been easy relaunchers for me....

it will come down to what type of kite you like to ride....and what riding style you have....

i have just updated to the new LW Rippers....in the 9m and 12m....both are sweet sizes.....so smooth to use........but that's another story....i'll write a review soon...

Guam Bomb
Frequent Poster

Postby Guam Bomb » Sun May 13, 2007 1:06 pm

thanks Max, i like to hear more reviews :D

tradewind
Medium Poster

Postby tradewind » Tue May 15, 2007 11:14 pm

Hello Guam,

We have both ,Rippehr and Beast 10m .
There is not much more to add to explains from Max exept that the Beast is the best access for beginners , very easy relaunch ,comfy depower, we have a great return from schools with that sail .

The Rippehr is my favorite because of huge speed and turning speed,too but in low winds I prefer the Beast .
Eric did a great job creating such a nice tight profile without flattering or flapping wingparts in depowered position, that's the most important and the return of performance is great.

The Ripper LW V3 was released and the feedback from our school was big ,more low end and more power. will send some more soon ,
regards
Attachments
rippehr 9 rally.jpg
rippehr 9 rally.jpg (73.52 KiB) Viewed 1236 times

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed May 16, 2007 12:00 am

wow...the new rippehr is so different from the old one. I think the above goes, though, the beast for smaller sizes..I wasn't the biggest fan of the 10, but my friend loves his 8...his only complaint is the relaunch...but he uses it is really light winds, so the low end is good. Another friend of mine..she rode the 10 beast, and liked it, but when she relaunched it the bridle caught on the kite and cut the middle strut clean off. The bridle lines are very thin. When that is said, I agree the the kites are generally well built. Both kites are extemely flat...

I liked the rippehr 14, but had some problems with the 12..apparently it had the wrong bridle. I didn't find the 14 hard to jump...but it is a huuuuge kite. It probably has better low end than the 14 contra...without trying them side by side..Steveshred here likes his a lot. I'm not sure if he has tried the beast yet.

So looking at how my frinds likes their, I'd say the Rippehr from 10 and up...(not the new one...dunno anything about that one).

Of course I can't comment on the new one..except for it being so different from last years...looks good though :-)

A.

Return to “Kitesurfing”