forum for kitesurfers

tristonjah
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Still rockin the 07's
Brand Affiliation: None

nose stall

Postby tristonjah » Wed May 16, 2007 3:07 am

I have seen people riding their tack on the nose of their board like a nose stall and I was wondering who elese can do this, what kind of board (wide TT), and take off the fins?

scklandl
Very Frequent Poster
Style: all

Postby scklandl » Wed May 16, 2007 3:22 am

you can do it with fins though it lasts longer and feels much better without fins, or at least shorter fins. its called a nose butter though, its only a stall if you stop moving and plant the nose on a feature... say an air gybe onto the beach with a nose stall...

ride with good speed, quickly yet smoothly and progressively weight your front foot while swinging your body forward like you were going to slide to toeside. stop two thirds of the way and let it hang out.

then do backside butters (thats having the up in the air part of the board away from the kite), then tail butters, then backside tail butters (easier to get 2 from toeside)

BUTTAH BABY BUTTAH!!

panic
Medium Poster

Postby panic » Wed May 16, 2007 3:23 am

I have done nose and tailslides on small waves with my plain old twintip board, 1.25" fins. It's just like doing it on a skateboard...except it doesn't hurt when you fall...and you have a kite...and are on water...and have footstraps...

tristonjah
Medium Poster
Gear: Still rockin the 07's

Postby tristonjah » Wed May 16, 2007 2:41 pm

sweet thanks man

Return to “Kitesurfing”