Forum for kitesurfers
Lourocks
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What abput The Batwing ???

Postby Lourocks » Wed May 16, 2007 6:42 pm

This Brand is not Sold in france or so ... What do you think of that video sounds unbelievable ... But ... I have to see to believe :thumb:

http://windwing.com/dnn/Kiteboarding/IN ... fault.aspx

groundclown
Medium Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge, and Seaside
Favorite Beaches: Florence, Sunset, Manzo, and "Lyle" banned by the Rail Road because we are to stupid to cross the tracks I guess.
Gear: Windwing '09, Drops Daze 130X43, OpenOcean custom 6'2" squash tail
Brand Affiliation: Windwing R@D

Postby groundclown » Wed May 16, 2007 7:05 pm

The Batwing 15.5 is proving to be an excellent "big kite". I have spent lots of time on the kite, and find it to be working very well.

I have introduced this kite to many riders(120-215lbs) and it has been well received. Many were siting on the beach complaining that their new 20'ish kites would hardly fly, and that when attempting to jump in the light air their kite would not respond to set their landing.

After displaying the Batwings capabilities (In a kind of "in your face" manner), showing its speed and quickness to turn (While not being pivotal like most hybrid/flat kites). I would suggest that they try the kite. Some would heckle the shape, but once they went out they were all very impressed.

The kite is fast and responsive, with a lift:grunt ratio all of its own. Highly capable of 3-5m jumps in winds of 8-12mph(200lb rider). The Batwing back loops and front loops fairly tight and evenly powered, making for some great light wind fun. Un-hooked tricks, handle passes and f-16's are all on the table.

The kite is easy to fly and relaunches as good or better that any other kite I have seen. We have demonstrated on our website at http://www.windwing.com/dnn/NEWS/KITEBO ... fault.aspx, the precision control of these kites.
Here are a few more videos: http://www.windwing.com/dnn/NEWS/KITEBO ... fault.aspx

Jonathon

Anonymous_Coward
Rare Poster

Postby Anonymous_Coward » Wed May 16, 2007 7:13 pm

FYI - the user Ground Clown will only say positive things about the batwing because he is a Windwing Employee.

TOBY- I thought company affiliated people were required to disclose their affiliation in their profile.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Wed May 16, 2007 7:18 pm

OWNED

tungsten222

Re: What abput The Batwing ???

Postby tungsten222 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:06 pm

original message expired
Last edited by tungsten222 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiterfighter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiterfighter » Wed May 16, 2007 8:35 pm

Wow. Windwing are you out there? Did you really try show your kite in 3-4 mph?

LAME

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Wed May 16, 2007 8:35 pm

tungsten222 wrote:
Lourocks wrote:This Brand is not Sold in france or so ... What do you think of that video sounds unbelievable ..
I know neither kite nor groundclown, BUT:

if you watch that vid carefully, all the low wind readouts around 3-4mph are the result of holding the wind meter in a 90º angle to wind direction. at the end of the vid the wind meter is parallel to wind direction and reads around 11mph. whom do they want to fool?
:lol: :lol:

groundclown
Medium Poster
Local Beach: The Gorge, and Seaside
Favorite Beaches: Florence, Sunset, Manzo, and "Lyle" banned by the Rail Road because we are to stupid to cross the tracks I guess.
Gear: Windwing '09, Drops Daze 130X43, OpenOcean custom 6'2" squash tail
Brand Affiliation: Windwing R@D

Postby groundclown » Wed May 16, 2007 8:44 pm

Tungsten222:
That beach is Miami Proper. The wind swirls through the high-rise structures, and was blowing from zero to 13. The photography is a bit shoty because we were attempting to show the wind meter as much as possible and are not trying to FOOL anyone. If you watch the video, it says 5-13mph, we did not claim 3mph,and it should be fairly obvious that the meter was turned for a short time and then re-adjusted. The fact remains that I was getting static jumps in very light turbulent wind.
FYI: if you crash the Batwing at or near the C-kite relaunch position, the upper wingtip sometimes gets pinned to the water by the wind. this is easily overcome by simply pulling on the control line on the wingtip that is on bottom.
Jonathon
Windwing R&D

Mulholland
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mulholland » Wed May 16, 2007 8:50 pm

tungsten222 wrote:if you watch that vid carefully, all the low wind readouts around 3-4mph are the result of holding the wind meter in a 90º angle to wind direction. at the end of the vid the wind meter is parallel to wind direction and reads around 11mph. whom do they want to fool?
Dude, do you just make stuff up and expect nobody to cross check your BS?...You have an axe to grind and you go to the length of actually lying to create the illusion that you wish people to believe.

Disgusting.

THE POWER
Medium Poster

Batwing

Postby THE POWER » Wed May 16, 2007 8:56 pm

This kite is so ugly. It makes me want to puke.
Is it really neccessary to scalop all that material from the middle of the kite this is traditionaly where the largest area of a kite is always placed. Have you discovered a new law of physics that enables you to change this as it makes no sense

Return to “Kitesurfing”