Ocean Rodeo Mako Pro Kiteboard

Postby smoothrider » Wed May 16, 2007 4:24 pm

What is this board like?

Fer1000er
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: Takoon

Postby Fer1000er » Wed May 16, 2007 7:30 pm

Good question...any feedback about Mako Pro?
So many good reviews about regular Mako, that I'm interested to hear more about Mako Pro.

Cheers

Fernando

chirojoseph
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

makos

Postby chirojoseph » Wed May 16, 2007 9:32 pm

hey guys, just pop over to the http://www.oceanrodeo.com site and go into "forum" and KITECHAT and you will find tons of pics and info about both mako and mako pro!

the hugest secret in kiteboarding if you ask me..

Capi
Medium Poster

Re: makos

Postby Capi » Wed May 16, 2007 9:40 pm

chirojoseph wrote: the hugest secret in kiteboarding if you ask me..
What do you mean... :roll:

carkeek craig
Medium Poster

Postby carkeek craig » Fri May 18, 2007 7:19 am

The mako pro takes more rider input than the 150 surf, its a lot shorter in length. But it gives back to the rider a super smooth and fast platform than can bite and deliver explosive airtime and low swing weight.
12m and under, 18 to 40+ kts, this is my favorite board to ride right now.
The deep concave allows good control of the kite in powered conditions, and the 135 length is perfect for instant selection of any peice of chop or wave you want to rip or vault off.
I've been using this board hard for almost 6 months now and I'm impressed at how well the shaped rails handle beach abuse.(they are shaped around the entire edge of the board) With no angles or straight edges, a hard knock seems to just deflect off the rail instead of dinging and spreading the lamination. Its wierd.
Who ever is making these boards for Ocean Rodeo, sure seems to be doing a perfect job of making a unique and fun rides for kiters like us.
I'm dig'n it!

Fer1000er
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Takoon

Postby Fer1000er » Fri May 18, 2007 12:39 pm

The board looks sweet !!, I'm really interested in the concept...but I have my doubts about Choppy conditions and how good will be to land power tricks...
I'm 65 kg and the size (134cm) is on my limit of how big I would like to ride a board...how about holding the edge in overpower condition with a Bow ?

Anybody knows if Ocean Rodeo is improving this board for 2007?

Could be great more feedback!!

Kitedude
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitedude » Fri May 18, 2007 2:42 pm

it is a 2007 board

dwarf
Frequent Poster

Postby dwarf » Fri May 18, 2007 6:47 pm

Board gives you a supersmooth ride. It is even smoother then an UG FLX in the chop. Weird to describe but my best guess is that the chop does not slam on the board but gets "funelled" out by the concave. The board holds a superb edge. Really nice for carving.

When you edge it really bites itself in the water. However when you flatten the board its more like a snowboard in powder. You can drift it like a BMW.

Really a fun board that is suberb for freeriding, jumping, rotations etc. High speed and hard landings are no problem at all. That said. If you are really into freestyle/wakestyle and need massive pop for powermoves, I suggest you look into the zen or something.

:bye:

Return to “Kitesurfing”