Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Rhino 07 14M

forum for kitesurfers

Westkite
Frequent Poster

Rhino 07 14M

Postby Westkite » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:55 pm

Rhino 07 14M--Looking for some feedback about this kite. Tried the 16m and it seemed powerful but heavy on the bar.

How's the low end on the 14M? Turning speed?

Currently I'm riding 06 Vegas 18m, 14M and a Rebel 9M.

Would be great to hone it down to a two kite quiver. 14M Rhino and 9M Rebel.

thanks,

Wes

D_Clark
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby D_Clark » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:56 pm

I have a 14m R7 and its a sweet kite. About the same power as a 16m C-kite. I haven't used it enough to do a full review, but I'm stoked on it so far. I like the 14m and I at 100kg I don't see the point in the 16m unless is a lightwind only kite. this kite makes a lot of power and I haven't been on it when I have wanted more power yet.

The heavy bar pressure can be reduced to very nice, by moving the pigtails to the back position. I like this setting much more than the stock forward setting.

Turning speed is good and it doesn't pivot turn. And it does make power in the turns unlike a bow.

WndRdr
Medium Poster

Postby WndRdr » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:44 am

Aftery trying various sizes of the Rhino7 I would say the windrange is quite accurately what North says in their website; 14m2, 80kg, 9-25knots. With 65kg I was going upwind in 8 knots with Cesar Pro and also found out that 14 is too big kite for my weigth unless used only in very light winds.

Turning speed is good for 14m2.

In the lowend the bar pressure is higher than it was on Rhino6, but when there is more wind and you do not need to pull the bar fully to get power the bar pressure is much nicer. Ofcourse changing the pigtails to beck knots has some effect to that also.

tux
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Lignano
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara CE BR
Style: wave
Gear: Naish Helix Limited '09 9 North rebel '09 9; vegas '08 9 , rhino '07 14
John Amundson Pro model '08 Hydro '08

re

Postby tux » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:39 am

Hi, my quiver is rebel 9 and R7 14.
Well I've had a great session yesterday with the 14 in about 20-25 knots Bora. what impressed me is the big air (lift) attitude and the incredible hang time, you won't belive how long you gonna float in the air with it.
The bar pressure is a little strong, but I'm habit to this and I like it.
Turning speed is high, but slow if compared to the rebel 9. anyway is perfect for kiteloops rapid change of direction and in waves.
I've never tried the low end of it, but for sure it doesn't pull in less of 12 knots (I'm 84 kilos) also if you use a 100 litres windsurf board.
I think it depend from the fact that it generates power by pulling the bar and let it in the wind window (like first crossbow did) if you let it go up and down like C kites id doesn't generate power.
:bye:

kiterfreak
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby kiterfreak » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:39 pm

I'm in love with R7 14m. It replaced my Rapture 2 16.5m. Low end is much better, fast turning. Bar pressure, for me not an issue, besides it has the stopper that works very well. I have improved a lot since I have it. Jumping/hang time, everytime getting higher. It is really amazing what a kite can do for you.

I weight 210#. Last sunday people with 30 or 40 pounds less than me were riding 13m Waroo and I was the only one staying upwind. They were walking back.

Return to “Kitesurfing”