ION Nexkin wetsuits

forum for kitesurfers

lisaped
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

ION Nexkin wetsuits

Postby lisaped » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:59 pm

This is the 2nd season that ION produces 2 wetsuits made of that new nexkin neoprene giving the effect of the best in two worlds - NEXKIN® revolutionary Neoprene technology – windchill Protection AND durability.
Has anyone real long lasting experience with that suits? Does it work as they say? I heard that Nexkin neoprene delaminates as the result of being exposed to strong UV and doesn't last long.

NorCalNomad
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1900
Local Beach: San Francisco
Gear: Why should it matter?

Re: ION Nexkin wetsuits

Postby NorCalNomad » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:35 am

Can't be horrible. Patagonia is now doing Nexkin on some of their wetsuits, and they don't mess around with crap materials.

lisaped
Medium Poster

Postby lisaped » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:58 pm

Thanks for not reporting tons of pleasure. Time has not come for Nexkin yet. ION is singing songs :nono:

NorCalNomad
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1900
Local Beach: San Francisco
Gear: Why should it matter?

Postby NorCalNomad » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:47 pm

lisaped wrote:Thanks for not reporting tons of pleasure. Time has not come for Nexkin yet. ION is singing songs :nono:
I think you need to brush up on your English before you read my post again, here is a more strait foreword version.

Patagonia doesn't use bad materials. It goes against their mission statement, since a bad product will be thrown away quickly. So nexkin can't be bad since Patagonia has decided to use it.

lisaped
Medium Poster

Postby lisaped » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:09 pm

Nor, thanks for your advice to brush up my English before your English but your statement that patagonia doesn't use bad materials isn't enough. ION is also known as premium brand in boarding sports but it is nothing if nobody can share their experiences to prove its premium qualities. NEXKIN® doesn't belong to patagonia or ion and I am sure they use the same material of the 3rd Chinese brand NEXKIN®. When I said about delaminating in the sum after some use I meant that I heard about that from a 3rd famous brand producing wetsuits for decades and they are experimenting with Nexkin for the second season now and their high reputation prevents them to start production of that suits although they produce some other products made of Nexkin.

Return to “Kitesurfing”