forum for kitesurfers

xspataro
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Mystic Warrior Questions

Postby xspataro » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:45 pm

sup everyone

ee after having my warrior for a couple of months i realize i have some question that need answering...

First of all, i cant figure out how the QR system of the hp leash works!! have tried many different combinations but none of them work when i pull...

Sencondly, im a little concern since im going to start riding blind, that the metal clip thing will come off... any sugestions?

And third, there is a strap under the spreader bar... i read that it is used to keep the hook down, is that it? do i just put the strap over the hook? hehe no idea

thnx a lot ppl!
Spataro

Tweaky
Medium Poster

Re: Mystic Warrior Questions

Postby Tweaky » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:31 pm

xspataro wrote:sup everyone

And third, there is a strap under the spreader bar... i read that it is used to keep the hook down, is that it? do i just put the strap over the hook? hehe no idea Spataro
put the harness on and then thread the thin strap through the thin/small buckel low down on the right side. that pulls the spreader bar down. Much more comfortable to ride with it.

FlyinElvis
Rare Poster

Re: Mystic Warrior Questions

Postby FlyinElvis » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:16 pm

xspataro wrote:sup everyone

ee after having my warrior for a couple of months i realize i have some question that need answering...

First of all, i cant figure out how the QR system of the hp leash works!! have tried many different combinations but none of them work when i pull...

Sencondly, im a little concern since im going to start riding blind, that the metal clip thing will come off... any sugestions?

thnx a lot ppl!
Spataro
if it's like the firestarter, then the QR works like this. loop it through itself on one of the rings, and then don't go through the other ring, go around the side to your spreader bar. Use the little pin on the velcro-webbing handle that is on your spreader bar to go through the small rope on the QR line. Then, velcro it all in place. I can post a picture after I get home if that doesn't help you.

for the second part, what metal clip thing are you talking about?

twins
Rare Poster

Postby twins » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:31 pm

I think he's refering to the quick release clip. This year they reversed it, much easier to clip into, but also much easier for it to slip off if it is a bit snug. You can remove it from the strap, and mount it back reversed This way it can never slip off, like it was on previous year's models.

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo, Mexico. Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico.
Boca del Rio, Veracruz, Mexico.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Kites:

8m Ozone Reo V3
10m Ozone C4 2015
14m Ozone Enduro V1
15m Ozone Chrono V2
17m Ozone Zephyr V5

Boards:

ASP Stealth Custom Kiteboard 135cm 2013 Black
Fone HRD Lite Tech 137x42cm 2017
Core Fusion 2 139x43 2017
Axis Ultra 2015 144x45cm
Underground Kipuna 5'8" Surfboard
Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surfboard
Alpine Foil Access V1 Foil and board
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone, Slingshot, North, Naish, Core, Crazy Fly, Axis, Mystic, Pro-Limit Ion & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:12 pm

2007 Models
http://picasaweb.google.com/asantacruz/Arneses

Take a good look at all the pictures you should figure it out. For blind riding you should have the harness, and the little strap below the spreader bar really tight. The HP quick release only works if it has been closed sort of losely, don´t put the velcro on very tight.

2006 Model
http://gallery.kiteforum.com/gallery/vi ... me=albuv09

The strap below the spreader correctly inserted and tightened, applies to all 05-07 models.

Quick Release put together correctly, make sure it is not very tight! Applies to all 05-07 models.

06 Metal buckle, this way it does not come out riding blind, or frontside, but it is harder tu put in.

Hope this helps,
andy

Safe_Cracker
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Safe_Cracker » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:15 am

Instead of threading the strap under the hook like above I have found it to work much better and easier if you put the strap over the top. Seems to give it that little extra oomph needed plus much easier than looking for a slot below the hook. Polo.. :D

Tweaky
Medium Poster

Postby Tweaky » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:52 am

dumb question - is there a manual for this harness?

dizank
Rare Poster

Postby dizank » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:05 pm

Where are you threading it? Through the hook?
Safe_Cracker wrote:Instead of threading the strap under the hook like above I have found it to work much better and easier if you put the strap over the top. Seems to give it that little extra oomph needed plus much easier than looking for a slot below the hook. Polo.. :D

Safe_Cracker
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Safe_Cracker » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:46 am

Where are you threading it? Through the hook?

Actually I am running it over the hook, works much easier and the tension keeps it put. I Just find it to be a PITA to thread it under like that. Polo..

aahi
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003

Postby aahi » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:41 am

I run it over the top too, easy, fast and better hold...

Return to “Kitesurfing”