Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anything more about the Vapor

forum for kitesurfers

fuel
Medium Poster

Anything more about the Vapor

Postby fuel » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:05 pm

Hi all

Its about 6-8 weeks since the Airush Vapor was released with riders and magazine's raving about the kite.

Has anyone managed to ride the 7 and 12 a lot and in different conditions so a decent review can be written? What can it be compared to?

Thanks

Desperate for some information so decisions and $$$ can be spent.

Kyle_F
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: All-around
Gear: Airush
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby Kyle_F » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:24 am

I have been riding the Vapor 7 and 10 for a few months now here in Maui and I have to say it's my favorite kite at the moment.
I've spent the most time on the 10 in powered conditions. The first thing I noticed about the 10 was the quick handling with virtually no bar pressure! This makes that last second adjustment comfortable and do-able in the middle of a jump. The range of these kites is quite impressive as well. Though you won't get quite the low end on a Vapor 10 as you would on a Flow SLE or Halo, you can still take these kites out in wind way past the range of a traditional c-kite in the same size range. In exchage for a little low end power you get a fast , high jumping performance kite. If freestyle is your game, I'm sure you will like the Vapor. The 7 follows suit with the 10 in it's turning speed and control but all a wee bit faster!

Please contact me with any specific questions regarding the Vapor. I'm sure if you have to work out a detail about it I can help.

Here's a link for more info:
http://store.airushkiteboarding.com/product-701.html

Aloha,

Kyle

http://www.AirushKiteboarding.com

fuel
Medium Poster

Postby fuel » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:35 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible to compare it to anything available yet? I have only seen the 12 once in very windy conditions and it looked good, but the guy was still getting the kite dialed.

I was thinking that the 7m may be good for 'follow the kite' style of waveriding compared to 'park and ride'. What are your thoughts on this? I don't think I will be doing any freestyle in really strong winds yet as this is when the surf normally picks up.

I am planning on using the 12m for freestyle and also since it apparently turns really fast for mucking about in the waves (if any) when it is too light for the 7. Can you also use the 55 cm bar on the 7 or will it be too fast?

I have also read that by adjusting the 5th line you get different bar pressure. The shorter the 5th line=flatter kite=more power or longer 5th line=more C shaped and lighter bar pressure. How much change do you need to make to the 5th line (i.e length 5cm, 10cm or 15cm?) to go from high bar pressure to light bar pressure on factory setup bar? Which one has the faster turning (presume lighter bar pressure) and what is the advantage and disadvantage of each besides rider preference?

Thanks for the info!

Kyle_F
Frequent Poster

Postby Kyle_F » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:23 pm

The 7m will be perfect for "follow the kite" waveriding. The Vapor is always pushing to keep you moving. If you like to downloop and turn the kite with every move, it will be right with you every step. For "Park and ride" you should look at a DNA.

You could get away with using a 55cm bar with the 7 but it will be a fast little devil! Your solution to slow it down could be to change the attachment points on the kite and hold the bar in the middle. I've put a 7m Flow SLE on a 55 and it was a blast so you might end up liking it on the Vapor.

When you change the length on the 5th line it can effect the kite greatly. If you pull it in a little bit, you will flatten the leading edge a bit more and it might give you a little more low end. If you go to far the kite will become unstable. Personally I wouldn't mess with the 5th line on the Vapor bar. They seem to be right where you need 'em straight from the factory.

Here's a link for more info:
http://store.airushkiteboarding.com/product-701.html

Aloha,

Kyle

corey
Rare Poster

Postby corey » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:48 am

I have been using the 10 & 7 in West Oz for the last few months. I would agree its a great kite to turn and follow, not so much th park and go. It loves to always be moving forward. It can stall and fall backward if you park it and ride toward it too much.

I havent messed with the 5th line at all, not sure that I would recomend it. I cant compare it it to any other kite because it is quite different. it took me a while to get used to the light bar pressure & working out where the kite is.

The kites do have a decent low end, I retired my 12 C, the trick is to get them moving. They dont seem to have the grunt at low end, but you can get going. Not so good to load up against at the low end, but still good for wave riding.

fuel
Medium Poster

Postby fuel » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:18 pm

corey wrote:I have been using the 10 & 7 in West Oz for the last few months. I would agree its a great kite to turn and follow, not so much th park and go. It loves to always be moving forward. It can stall and fall backward if you park it and ride toward it too much.

I havent messed with the 5th line at all, not sure that I would recomend it. I cant compare it it to any other kite because it is quite different. it took me a while to get used to the light bar pressure & working out where the kite is.

The kites do have a decent low end, I retired my 12 C, the trick is to get them moving. They dont seem to have the grunt at low end, but you can get going. Not so good to load up against at the low end, but still good for wave riding.
Thanks for the reply Corey

Now what about the Airush Generator/Reactor which has TopHat and Felix so excited that they even registered and posting. Good to finally see some Airush riders voicing their opinions and recommendations.

Damn, I can't wait to see and ride this kite. It sounds like the cats whiskers!

JV3
Rare Poster

Postby JV3 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:05 pm

Corey - how's the relaunch? I was maybe looking at one of these for my girlfriend. I'm getting kinda keen on this Generator for me...

Kyle_F
Frequent Poster

Postby Kyle_F » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:37 pm

JV3,

How skilled is your girlfriend? The Vapor actually re-launches fairly easy without the 5th line.

Aloha,

Kyle

Return to “Kitesurfing”