Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

f****** airlines

Postby Toby » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 am

don't you hate airlines?
They make you pay for your sports luggage (they should be happy that we fly with them!) and then the gear does not arrive!

Here some stories:

Sami Gali, PKRA course race ranking #3, received his kite bags 2 days after he arrived in Portugal, so he missed some races with it.

Then again on Fuerteventura, same thing happend to Sami!
But also Michael Schitzehofer didn't receive his kites and boards. After 3 days he got them! But only the kites, and the boards made it after the double elimination...

Rui Meira went to Fuerte to practise...he got his gear after 5 days!

And now I flew back from Fuerte, and guess....no kitebag!
Missing since Tuesday! And they have no idea, where it is!
Tomorrow we have wind, and I have nothing! All my gear is in there...and I need to practise for the world cup next week!

But, in the case they will not find it: I get 10 Euro or so per kilogram, making it 300 Eiuo...yeah right! That is called total loss and leads to bankruptcy in my case!

I'm pissed!
:angryfire:

Bain
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Bain » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:49 am

If they make you pay for the bags the airlines should be fully responsible.

But they consider them selfs not.

They should be made to pay damages including any income that may have been lost. After all, pro kiting is a lively hood

But that would be a perfect world

How hard is it to put the bag on the plane and then take it back off and perhaps look at the tags to make sure it is going to the right spot.

All this after sticking a probe up your ass and scrutinizing you to the point where you almost feel like a criminal. At least in the states anyway

You are right F*** airlines

viktor
Frequent Poster

Postby viktor » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:09 pm

Just another note on this is that if you have to change carrier the ground staff of some airports will not touch bags over certain weights, ie. even if they were so kind to let your bag pass as a 35 kg golf bag it might not be even be touched on some airpots.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:15 pm

they cannot find it...this sucks...and try to get a Vegas6 12 or 16 in a good condition and all the spare parts...and this until next week when the worldcup starts...

kitegrommet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby kitegrommet » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:04 pm

Toby,
They lost my bag recently, after day 2, I was pissed and started asking if I needed to call security (in US DHS) because if "you can't keep up with my bag then how the hell do you know a bad guy didn't lose his bag!!!"

Never say the "b" word "b$mb", or even terrorist but "bad guy" came across to the agent, plus I insisted on getting security's phone number and reporting a security problem. I said "I hope you shut airports down if you loose some other guys HUGE ass bag like mine, no telling what could be inside."

All airlines have the policy that bags go with travelers, and have for years, keeps the "bad guy" from checking in and leaving the airport sending his bag on a plane he's not on, "is my bag sitting somewhere or flying without me, isn't that illegal and against security rules, could you please give me your security officers direct number?"

Plus, this seems to really be a problem coming in and out of the Canaries, maybe a "bad guy" is grabbing bags.

My bag "showed up" 4 hours after.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:36 pm

well, I just learned that they replace 1200 Euro...charming.
What about the other 3800 Euro that stuff is worth? Plus I don't get new boards and my loved kites until the worldcup.

Maybe I call the Fuerteventura airport and tell them, there is a North bag with a bomb...I'm sure in 1 minute they found it!

mathieu leheilleix
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Dolphin Beach, Cape Town
Favorite Beaches: Ras Sudr, Egypt
Style: Free style
Gear: Cab

Postby mathieu leheilleix » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:39 pm

Maybe we should put stickers on your board / kite bags saying stuff like "Golfers rock !" or "please take care of my clubs".

Maybe we would not be charged and the gear would actually arrive.
:evil:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:41 pm

viktor wrote:Just another note on this is that if you have to change carrier the ground staff of some airports will not touch bags over certain weights, ie. even if they were so kind to let your bag pass as a 35 kg golf bag it might not be even be touched on some airpots.
right, but 3m long windsurf bags made it on the same plane...and then it would sit there and it could be found...the message the handling agent gave us: all areas without bags! So nothing is laying around!!!

Fuck!

kitegrommet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0

Postby kitegrommet » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:48 pm

yep, sounds like a security threat to me, lost HUGE ass bag!!

ask them "do I need to report this security threat or will you make the report, and what is your name and employee ID and the number you will call?

wazzaah
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Terschelling
Style: Wave
Brand Affiliation: Vari Kites

Postby wazzaah » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:40 pm

For europian flights its 1800 euro's (still not enough) and in my opinion if you payed extra for your gear they should refund all.

By the way, act quick now. Send them a letter which contins all data: flightnumber, ur name etc. and the value of ur gear. If they see you dropped a bill of 3800 euro's they might act a bit faster.

Return to “Kitesurfing”