Forum for kitesurfers
kaiser
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rent kite in Brazil?

Postby kaiser » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:16 am

I am going to Rio for my summer vacation (July) and would like to go kitesurfing a couple of times, probably at Cabo Frio.

Question is - should I bring all my gear or is it possible to rent kites or at least a board in Rio / Cabo Frio?

randal
Medium Poster

Postby randal » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:43 pm

If anyone knows the answer to this question but in regards to Buzios, please let me know too! Not taking my board would save me a bundle in buying a bag and then oversized costs etc.

Lamelips
Rare Poster

Postby Lamelips » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:31 pm

Check this link: http://www.jerrykitesurf.com/ENG/loc_kitespot.asp

There are places in both Cabo Frio and Buzios. Good wind season too. Lake Araruama is a flat water paradise.

Also, I know you can rent stuff in Barra da Tijuca, just south of Rio, at Praia de Pepe.

I may actually be in Buzios too the week of July 23, with wife and kids. Keep me posted via PM if you'd like.

kaiser
Rare Poster

Postby kaiser » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:54 pm

just to follow up on my post. I brought my kites and rented a board at the buzios kiteschool - located at rassa beach - very nice and helpfull guys. I am in rio now, and plan to go to barra as soon as my wife finds something to do on her own. Btw i just love winter in brazil

Return to “Kitesurfing”