Kitewake

forum for kitesurfers

nikeron
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Kitewake

Postby nikeron » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:30 pm

We bought a wakekite to kite when is no wind, just can't understand, how it's works. Maybe somebody have experience with that? Let's share!
Attachments
kite_with_out_wind.jpg
kite_with_out_wind.jpg (42.24 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
kite_with_out_wind2.jpg
kite_with_out_wind2.jpg (61.01 KiB) Viewed 1922 times

Wibbler
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wibbler » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:17 pm

Let go..

:D

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:31 pm

This something I wouldn't try to figure out on your own. I understand jumping requires a certain technique that is developed over time. Contact the manufacturer to receive whatever instructions they have, manual, video, etc.. Beyond that towing someone aloft with a boat can go very wrong particularly if you ignore manufacturers instructions, i.e. kitetube. What are the manufacturers instructions in this case? Best to find out and have a care.

SS Kiter
Frequent Poster

Postby SS Kiter » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:48 pm

Kitewake is introducing dangling to wakeboard. :crazy2:

Wibbler
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Wibbler » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:12 pm

Send it.

dirkydiggler
Medium Poster

Postby dirkydiggler » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:31 pm

I saw one of those a while back at a boat show. I'm interested to know if you could do that with an old kite. Would be nice to have a 4-line depower version. Plus the build on that looked cheap for the price. I figure you could tie the rope from the boat to the chicken loop and then hold on to the bar. Do not hook in to the kite. Any takers on trying that out?
Digg

Stone
Medium Poster

Postby Stone » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:55 am

Wow, worst of both worlds on that one. Like someone above me said, now wakeboarders can dangle... bummers for them.

Windguy
Frequent Poster

Postby Windguy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:50 pm

just go parasailing.

rossc
Medium Poster

Postby rossc » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:15 am

RickI wrote:Beyond that towing someone aloft with a boat can go very wrong particularly if you ignore manufacturers instructions,
You don't really go aloft. The kite just adds a bit of lift for extended airtime. Of course, as with kites, put a light rider on a big kite and go fast and you will go up...but that's not what it's made for.

The problem I see is the limitations of the harness. You can't really do any decent tricks other than simple jumping. I knew someone on the lake who had something like this last year. He got bored with it in about a day. Don't know if it was the same brand. It looked about the same.

noel
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby noel » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:57 am

rossc wrote:
RickI wrote:Beyond that towing someone aloft with a boat can go very wrong particularly if you ignore manufacturers instructions,
You don't really go aloft. The kite just adds a bit of lift for extended airtime. Of course, as with kites, put a light rider on a big kite and go fast and you will go up...but that's not what it's made for.
rossc,

Same statement I heard from some one else about the Kite-Tube before people died and then it got banned. Of course that's not what it was intended for but it will be used that way. Somebody will get bored with it and take it out in a 20-30 mph headwind, go too high, lose control, get hurt (or die) and then we are back to square one.

Return to “Kitesurfing”